Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGOET Thermal Camera

Reaction score
I look at forms about the CGOET thermal camera no info for me to digest.
Q, has or is anyone using it for business, What are your results? I plan to use this for solar inspections and recently poured concrete.
Thanks

Reactions: Calban
I've got it, and we've been happy with the results. We haven't been able to do too much with it yet, but our intended use is looking at direct buried steam lines and steam tunnels. From 200' up it had no problem with picking up a 4x4' aluminum hatch that was hot along with a 10'x10' concrete vault that was also nice and hot right below the ground. (And across our office, probably about 50' it picked up my coffee mug nicely) Both were nice and clear on the thermal, and overlaid with the visual its great. Overall as thermal cameras go, its lower to average quality at best (much better technology is available but for more $$$$). For us, the biggest plus is getting up high and having that perspective. We've got a couple handheld units with similar specs and look from the ground is a lot different than being up in the air.

As for solar inspections, I did fly a solar panel array today to take a look. I didn't find anything wrong, but I don't think I would have had any problem picking up the hot spots if there way anything on them. I think another member here does that regularly.

I too have the CGO-ET and I have done some solar panels. Picked out the bad ones right away. I was only about 30 ft. up though. The camera had no problem finding them. I will be doing a flat roof in a few days, we'll see how that comes out.

Ok, thank you very much I shall order one based on your input.:)

Anyone of you got an idea if temperature and highs and lows are being recorded into the image-file, and if there is some telemetry-software available to manipulate the images afterwards ?

Other question. Is it compatible with any handheld-based gimbal, so one can use it, without the drone ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1