Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGOET

It says available December 2017. I wonder if this refers to an updated firmware to be released.

So more info had just been released.
In particular. These NEW features.
Improved thermal image output
Crossfade of overlay infinitely adjustable
Preset temperature ranges for various application areas: solar, gases, search and rescue, and many more
Additional colour palettes
Timelapse Mode

8750bbfa-b1b3-42c8-b7a3-f5664e9ae5c5.jpg
VERSATILE THERMAL IMAGING

Thermal imaging is a vital tool for Aerial Inspection, Law Enforcement, Fire Fighting, Search & Rescue, Surveying and Construction. The CGOET is an innovative combination of a thermal imaging camera and a 1080p low-light camera, with a 3-axis gimbal capable of a continuous 360° rotation. Together with the H520 hexacopter, the Dual-Sensor CGOET becomes the perfect solution for all application areas in which a thermal imaging camera is required.
db9d41d7-98b7-4ac2-b5e5-b0c77e9938d7.png
CGOET - New Features:
Improved thermal image output
Crossfade of overlay infinitely adjustable
Preset temperature ranges for various application areas: solar, gases, search and rescue, and many more
Additional colour palettes
Timelapse Mode

DUAL SENSOR CAMERA

When using the thermal imaging sensor, you are able to selectively measure and indicate relative temperature differences within the live thermal feed on the ST16S. The residual light IR lens has 20x higher sensitivity than the human eye and captures highly detailed images, particularly in low light conditions. The 1080p low-light camera alongside the thermal imaging camera combine to overlay infra-red (IR) and RGB for a clean, precise image. Capture IR and RGB video and images simultaneously via a single flight plan.
65ba16f2-be7b-4511-be52-c9962e4b141d.png

360° ROTATION

The CGOET gimbal is capable of continuous 360° yaw axis rotation. This unique feature, when combined with the retractable landing gear on the H520, provides the operator with continuous 360° unobstructed camera views, and the ability to continuously pan the camera without needing to move the craft.
HOT-SWAP CAPABLE

CGOET, like all Yuneec commercial camera systems, is hot-swap capable, minimising down time and increasing productivity. The CGOET camera-gimbal combination can be swapped for an E50 or E90 camera-gimbal combo without power cycling the airframe. The quick release and lock mechanism of the gimbal and airframe mounting system enables fast and efficient exchange of cameras.
fb5eba0d-691a-4019-9d6a-4532a4382662.png

ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE DETECTION

By using the 7" HD Touchscreen on the ST16S, operators can focus and probe the temperature on relevant image areas via the CGOET adjustable temperature detection scale. Various colour spectra allow for an accurate visualisation of heat sources..
SUMMARY OF FEATURES:

• Temperature measurement and display
  • Various colour spectra allow an accurate visualisation of heat sources
  • Adjustable temperature detection scale to focus on relevant areas
  • Gimbal mounted IR for smooth detection display
  • 1080p low-light sensor detects greater detail in the dark than the human eye and is ideal for surveillance
  • Dual HD and infrared simultaneous recording. Video is frame-accurate in playback with embedded timecode

Does anyone know if this will be a firmware update? I have a CGOET from my H. It would be nice to be able to use it on my H520.

I have been advised not. I also have Two current version cameras Im hoping that they have an upgrade option like the 920 to the 920+

They will work on the 920 Plus now if you have the gimbal adapter. Make sure the b30 firmware is installed on the ST-16. make a new model, naming it 920 and CGO-ET. Follow the binding instructions in the owners manual. It's important those instructions are followed explicitly. Once complete the ST-16 will display a screen just like a Typhoon H-480, with all the 480 functionality. Maps and waypoints are only available when using the 920 with the CGO-4 and use a different screen. When changing between cameras or going without a camera the system has to be re-bound each time. My 920 ST-16 is set up with 4 models, Typhoon H, 920, 920 w/CGO-3, and 920 w/CGO-4. You can fly all of them from one ST-16. The 920 Plus uses exactly the same ST-16 as the Typhoon H Pro.

Talk to Terrestrial Imaging or Yuneec U.K.

920 wCGO-3.JPG

Last edited:
Why does an M5 cost so much?

$$$$ to the maker. You can get all the same capability, more actually, in a $500 point and shoot. It’s always about the money.

Last edited:
From the last I heard from Yuneec USA is you can send your current cgo-et back for the hardware updates for the 520. Since the H520 uses Mavlink and the 480 does not the hardware needed to be changed to make the ET compatible with the 520 system. I can also say the new user interface for the 520 and ET is much easier to use, and some of the new user control features allow for a lot of differences between the 480 and 520.

Are there any changes to the resolution of the FLIR part of this updated CGO-ET? I cant find any tech specs on it.

Update: Never mind, saw the original german listing and it says 160 so still low-res :/

No it's still 160x120 but when you see it in overlay mode over the 1080p image it looks good..... Well compared to a standard 160x120 image .

Agreed 320x240 would have been nice.

CGO-ET should be arriving in UK Wednesday 6th Dec at latest. Hope to get it a few days after and get it to earning its cost back.

Great mate.
My 6 should be here next week as well.

Reactions: Drones.scot
Agreed 320x240 would have been nice.
To adjust the image resolution would require a review for licensing and other govt type certs. Would probably delay the release for the cgo-et for the h520 for at least 90 days. Hence why there is no imager change, just software updates.

Reactions: Haydn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone