Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Charging HPlus batteries on a Venom H520 charger

Reaction score
Was told by Venon that this 4 slot charger was compatible with the HPlus batteries

I have been slowly losing flight time on all batteries since using this orange block

Today flew all 4

Battery 1 still getting a good 17min30sec landed at 24%

Battery 2 16mins landed at 48%

Battery 3 12mins was ay 21%

Battery 4 15mins landed at 26%

I use the storage charge function on it after flying

Then charge fully before flying

Any ideas?

Im think of going back to the OEM charger and see what happens next weekend when I fly all 4 again

It's been a mixed bag of reviews by guys on here, some have sworn it's ruined their batteries, the plus battery doesn't seem to be an resilient as the H LiPo, age, handling, how many charge cycles and storage have a big part to play too

The only difference between an H+ battery and an H520 battery is the color of the case. They both use LiHV technology and according to a trusted member that has worked with RC for years, the LiHV cells do not seem to exhibit the longevity of LiPo cells by comparison.

Having equipment to monitor the IR of your battery cells is very essential for tracking battery health. You can use LiPo cells in the H+, but the battery monitoring is a bit off due to voltage differences of the LiHV and LiPo technologies.

The Venom charger has just lights/LED status lights, I like to see voltage, charge input, time etc, displayed at least you've got a rough idea what's going on

Reactions: John Hennessy
The LiHV's are not very good at aging and the Venom charger is not the best charger in my estimation, so both of those things together will age the batteries even faster.
There’s that trusted member!

The only difference between an H+ battery and an H520 battery is the color of the case. They both use LiHV technology and according to a trusted member that has worked with RC for years, the LiHV cells do not seem to exhibit the longevity of LiPo cells by comparison.

Having equipment to monitor the IR of your battery cells is very essential for tracking battery health. You can use LiPo cells in the H+, but the battery monitoring is a bit off due to voltage differences of the LiHV and LiPo technologies.
Hmm My THPlus uses 5250mAh 15.2V LiPo 4S batteries, according to my trusted source, the THPlus users manual

Hmm My THPlus uses 5250mAh 15.2V LiPo 4S batteries, according to my trusted source, the THPlus users manual
The same as the H520 batteries. They are both 4 cell LiHV battery packs.

4S LiPo battery packs have a nominal voltage of 14.8 V.

Do a web search on the differences between LiPo and LiHV batteries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss