Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Chinthurst Hill

Reaction score
In a whole week of pretty much constant wind and rain we had a freak day of sun and no wind yesterday, so I strapped on my H and headed uphill to make the most of it...
Having done all the good hills in Hampshire now I moved a little further north, and this time we're in in the foothills of Surrey, just south of Guildford.

Also a couple of panoramas...

Chinthurst Hill, 40 ft
Chinthurst Hill, 400 ft

AeroJ

Loved the natural colors. Any post processing? Camera on natural or gorgeous mode? Share if you like.

Depen
Quite good! Maybe it's better if can fly higher?
Depends on the scenery.. if its a lake or some mountain peaks lets say, then its better higher.But for a scenery like this, then its much better lower.

Camera on RAW and very much post processed
A good effort in post. I find Raw on the CG03+ really hard to colour grade, I never seem to be able to get it quite right. I think you've nailed it there though. I find Natural is sort of similar to DJI's D-Cinilike and much easier to work with?

Reactions: AeriaL
A good effort in post. I find Raw on the CG03+ really hard to colour grade, I never seem to be able to get it quite right. I think you've nailed it there though. I find Natural is sort of similar to DJI's D-Cinilike and much easier to work with?

No, you're right - it isn't a proper RAW mode - it's not even a greater bit rate ! :) But it does respond best of all modes to grading in DVR I find, although Natural is a close second, and is what I used to use. But for currently unexplained reasons I keep getting these weird dimming flashes in my footage, which are only minimized to the point where I can't really notice them in Raw mode, so I'm kinda stuck with it ! Even sent the cam back to Yuneec at one point, who sent it back saying they couldn't find anything wrong with it :/

Last edited:
I keep getting these weird dimming flashes in my footage
Do you mean like a sort of pulsating effect at about 1 second intervals? If yes, I have noticed that as well and have also found it is less noticeable using Raw. I actually think, if you just can't be bothered to colour grade, that Gorgeous makes a pretty good job of it. But I find it unusable because of that pulsating effect! I thought there was something wrong with my H's camera as well but when I looked back a couple or three years at video's I'd taken with my old Q500, it appeared there as well. So I'm just of the opinion that it is a figment of the CG03+ camera?

Reactions: AeroJ
Do you mean like a sort of pulsating effect at about 1 second intervals? If yes, I have noticed that as well and have also found it is less noticeable using Raw. I actually think, if you just can't be bothered to colour grade, that Gorgeous makes a pretty good job of it. But I find it unusable because of that pulsating effect! I thought there was something wrong with my H's camera as well but when I looked back a couple or three years at video's I'd taken with my old Q500, it appeared there as well. So I'm just of the opinion that it is a figment of the CG03+ camera?

Yes I do mean exactly that, and you are the first person so far to actually acknowledge that it happens to someone other than me !!! :) Even Yuneec denied it, and I very much suspect they were not telling the truth when they said they had never seen this problem before ! But I've started whole threads about this, and nobody could concur with me that they had the same problem ! So I am most relieved to hear I am NOT going mad, and that you have noticed it too. It's actually a bit of a game changer for me - and Yuneec's inability to confirm or fix it probably means the next UAV I buy will have Autel written on it rather than Yuneec. It is a HORRIBLE flaw with the cameras that have it - almost makes the whole endeavour pointless !!
And yet I watch so many TH videos that don't appear to have the problem at all, so can't believe it's every camera, or there'd be more flawed footage out there. I wondered if it might be a shielding thing, and the camera was getting interference from somewhere, but I don't really know what to do to test or improve this..

I have found that it happens worst if your exposure is ever much under what it should be - the brighter the recorded result the less it happens, which is how I'm getting away with it here ! My skies are blown out for a reason ! ;)

Last edited:
have found that it happens worst if your exposure is ever much under what it should be - the brighter the recorded result the less it happens, which is how I'm getting away with it here ! My skies are blown out for a reason ! ;)
Yes, I concur. I have been messing around with various settings to see if they make any difference. Trial and error takes forever though! And with the weather the way it is now in the UK, I can't see me getting any reasonable air time in until way into the new year now. One thing I considered is that it appears that the CG03+ can only be set to record in NTSC. I was wondering if it could be set to record in PAL it might make a difference?

Yes, I concur. I have been messing around with various settings to see if they make any difference. Trial and error takes forever though! And with the weather the way it is now in the UK, I can't see me getting any reasonable air time in until way into the new year now. One thing I considered is that it appears that the CG03+ can only be set to record in NTSC. I was wondering if it could be set to record in PAL it might make a difference?

It can be set to PAL, or at least 25 fps, but I did test that and all the other 4K and 2.7k modes, and the problem was there in all of them. Only 4K/2.7k though - doesn't seem to be an issue when recording 1080P. I cannot explain why this might be !!

Reactions: Ren57
It can be set to PAL, or at least 25 fps, but I did test that and all the other 4K and 2.7k modes, and the problem was there in all of them. Only 4K/2.7k though - doesn't seem to be an issue when recording 1080P. I cannot explain why this might be !!
Maybe you're right. There are just some duff CG03+ cameras out there and you and me have 2 of them! Well 3 of them actually, because my Q500's camera appears to produce the same effect but not quite as pronounced as the H's.

What was weird was that when I sent the cam back to Yuneec, they recorded some test footage with (what they said was) my camera on a different H, and I had to concur I couldn't see the problem at all in that footage. Yet when they returned it I plugged it back in only to get exactly the same again. This is what makes me wonder if the H itself is the faulty item here - could there be some shielding issue there maybe ? Since discovering Raw mode worked 'OK' I haven't pursued it further with Yuneec, and I have done flicker-free filming with it since, though sometimes I wonder if I should take it further with them and insist on at least trying another camera before my warranty runs out...

It's a strange one to be sure. I have noticed it's not so pronounced when the aircraft is moving either. Especially when moving forwards or backwards. But hovering seems to bring out the full horror! And like you said, the brighter the scene, the less noticeable it is..... I have also wondered if it could be the H itself causing it but I was thinking more along the lines of some kind of vibration? I wish I/we could sort it because otherwise the H is a great drone and I enjoy flying it.........

I use to have the pulsating issues when using the basic defaults for video, Gorgeous, cloudy, and so on.
Once I learned to set up in manual mode, shutter speed, ISO and white balance lock, I havn't had any pulsating issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone