Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Choppy Video

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I just purchased a brand new H Pro today and took it for its first flight; recording video during the flight. I checked the video and it's choppy and pixelated. Any way to resolve this, other than returning the camera to Yuneec? The camera came with a U3 rated Panasonic 16GB MicroSD.

Read some of the other remarks with people having playback issues. I'm going to switch another PC (I have both i7 and highend AMD) and see if they play it better.

Read some of the other remarks with people having playback issues. I'm going to switch another PC (I have both i7 and highend AMD) and see if they play it better.
If you are playing back 4K video, you will need a really good gaming video card to see it well. If it's choppy then it's likely the computer. You might try VLC player or MPC-HC player. I've had good luck with that one even on a mediocre pc. Downloads · MPC-HC

Reactions: Rayray
Looks like that was the problem. Not enough horsepower with the older Dell PC. Verified the video was all good on the gaming rig and then converted it to lower resolution using Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. Looks great!

Reactions: Steve Carr and Tuna
I'm having this issue also, actually had a good few days with successful flights, so there's one good thing. When I went to play back the vids, I had to convert them because WMP won't play them. The vids are definitively not that good and slightly choppy. Do I need to get a better SD card with a USB reader and connect that to a 4K TV? By reading these posts, it sounds like the computer is the issue.

I'm having this issue also, actually had a good few days with successful flights, so there's one good thing. When I went to play back the vids, I had to convert them because WMP won't play them. The vids are definitively not that good and slightly choppy. Do I need to get a better SD card with a USB reader and connect that to a 4K TV? By reading these posts, it sounds like the computer is the issue.
What is your ram and video card size with ram. I purchased a gaming tower for the purpose for my H business in order to do post production.

do all the vids cutoff at 5 mins
The 5 min length relates to the file size limit of the sd card. Many 4K cameras do the same so the files don't get corrupted and can be copied without errors. When you put the files together in an editor they are seamless.

The jerky video is simply because the computer can't play high resolution video. My old one would only play 720p.

Thanks, so what is the best way for a beginner to view the videos in better quality? I do have a 4K TV, would a USB SD reader plugged into the TV work?

would a USB SD reader plugged into the TV work
I tried that and it wouldn't work on my 4K TV. I have to upload to Youtube and then they play just great in 4K. I upgraded my PC to a gaming computer and it's better but I still can't play 4K. I think the video card I need is about $3-400. I can wait. My editing software works fine with it, so uploading after editing is the way I will continue.

So I can upload to YouTube and it will play as 4K?
It does on mine with no problem. I had the TV hooked up to the router with a cat 5 because the wireless wasn't fast enough. A month ago I replaced the router with a dual band. The 5.8GHz on the router is way faster than 2.4 and the TV is dual band so that eliminated the cat 5.

The other solution is to record at HD. If you don't have a 4K monitor (or you're more than about 10 feet from your TV), 4K is not actually going to help you. Very little YouTube content is 4K and (depending on your content) 60 fps can give you better footage at HD than 30 fps at 4K.

It rather depends what you plan to do with the video and who your audience is.

Trying to play 4k video on a computer designed around 720 is like trying to push a grapefruit through a garden hose. There's way to much data compared to 720 or 1080 so the computer chokes on the data and backs up. Video will take a long time to buffer, won't play at all on older computers, becomes choppy and pixelated. It gets worse. Trying to view 4k resolution imagery on monitors and screens lacking the same or greater resolution degrades the image so you receive very little visual benefit from shooting high def video. Trying to useYou Tube to save the day is just doing extra work to achieve only marginal benefit. If your screen resolution sucks you'll obtain a less than ideal image, and making that worse is that it will be degraded from You Tube's compression programs. If your internet isn't extremely fast the data stream will buffer to the extent your bandwidth permits the transfer of data.

So if people want to shoot super high definition imagery verify your processing and play back equipment are up to the task first. If not, buy that stuff first. You're not dealing with only a camera, there are many other factors that need to be considered and dealt with.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlushVision

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval