Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Chroma Problems (binding)

Reaction score
Having had loads of computer issues Tom I'm back with news.

Went through your Chroma binding check list 15 mins ago and here are the results.

Rx exposed.

.5 Did not turn solid until 2nd try*, now is good with ST10 13 Sats Chroma 10 Sats.

??

.30 X No can see red LED.
.59 No
.62 Tick. OK
.64 -.67 ?
X.68 Solid.
.69 No but some colour.
X.70 No can see.
.93 No

Screen shows READY although motors no start when asked to..
Main board is new remember.

* 2nd try was after 1st READY was shown after completedcheck list with x's and ??

Yep,.no Solid or purple.Wait 'till tomorrow and I will have the 2nd Officer make notes of ANY anomalies which crop up so that I can give you a solid answer with no ifs buts or maybes.

Take care and thanks.

Have the second look hard for the little red light in Step 5. It's very small, and hard to see.

Were you getting any beeps from the Chroma? Checklist says 15 to 20 seconds, but probably should say 15 to 30 seconds between beeps.

OK will look more closely.
Yes lots of beeping when bird is inverted, quick repetitive beeps, stops when on it's feet.

Steve,
I updated the document a little bit. Added a possible way to see the receiver LED without routing the wires outside, and changed the beep interval for one of the steps to once in 15-30 seconds. This is the one I will be following if we get to work on this together tomorrow.

Attachments

• Binding Verification ST10+ - Chroma Rev1- English.pdf
    908.4 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Steve Carr
Hi Tom,
Just finished the 2nd run.
The Rx is out but does't cause a hassle.
Cannot see the Red LED on the main board even in a dark garage.
.29 Are there 4 white LEDs on the main board, can only see 1? with a quick flash, middle of the board, are there 4 in a vertical unit, I would be doubtful?

.30 No Red LED could be seen in a dark garage.
It appears that being in the garage I would have lost GPS as all 4 below motor were soid Red with beeping.

.59 Purple but flashing Purple and Green.

.70 4 RED which is 'no GPS' methinks.

All ticks until the Red LED on the board.

I should do this again on Monday, Sunday is Mothers day here and the 2nd officer will req

Dumass fiingers strike again.....
uire flowers.
have just printed the new docco will read it shortly.

the fuzzy one shows the lights better. The cleaner one shows the locations. This is with the board powered up and initialized. All 4 motor LEDs are flashing white.20190511_003453.jpg20190511_003544.jpg

Also, if it is a brand new board, you may need to do the motor assignments before it will initialize. that is also done on the GUI.

Another thought is to unplug the receiver, and see if that makes any difference in the lights. It should not make any difference, but easy to check since you have the receiver exposed.

[QUOTE=" Cannot see the Red LED on the main board even in a dark garage.
.29 Are there 4 white LEDs on the main board, can only see 1? with a quick flash, middle of the board, [/QUOTE]
The white light in the MIDDLE of the board should not be lit. It is right beside the red light. The red should be lit, that white one should be dark.

Quote: ".59 Purple but flashing Purple and Green."
I could not find an LED code that speaks to that, but it happens on mine if the GPS mast is not level. At least be sure the mast is not folded down.

Tom, I put the bird on the GUI this a.m. all green and the numbers follow the movement's. I've printed your Mk 2 instructions and will go again.

I have removed the vertical vent pieces from the front vents so that we can look for the elusive red LED with out having to move the bird and have elevated it so we can observe the 4 below motor LEDs.
GPS mast always up but previously bird was sometimes on it's back. Won't happen now.
I will conduct next 'test' without having to move the Chroma.

Cheers

This msg from my phone, my PC has an
ERR SSL PROTOCOL ERROR in it now and keeps me unable to view any Yuneec forum stuff, and only Yuneec forum. Go figure, I've done all that this Black Duck can do to fix, any ideas???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430