Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Chroma vs Q500 Wizard Compatible?

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
New to flying a drone and will be getting my Yuneec Q500 soon.
Wanted to buy a wizard remote control for "follow me" selfies and video taking.
Noticed the Chroma wizard is a lot less expensive than the Yuneec wizard (approximately $25 vs $75).
They both physically look exactly the same in shape and control buttons.
Can I use the Chroma wizard and pair it to my Q500 transmitter?
I am happy to have joined the YuneecPilots forum and look forward to sharing my experience and helping others in the future.
Many thanks!
Robert

The simple answer is Yes. I have one and it works just fine on the Q500.
I think your going to find that you want the video from the box for picture taking.
There is little in the way of knowing what your actually pointed at and framed on without the video feed.
I've used my wand about 3 times and it was just to play with it and see that it works.
Nothing I would count on if I'm taking video and pictures of something important to me.
Good luck and welcome to the site.
Jafo

Jafo, Thanks for your reply. That is what I thought but wanted reassurance. I am ordering the Chrome wizard today at $25.
One thing though, I thought that if you set it to "follow me" the camera would always be pointing to the transmitter. Therefore you would be in the pictures and video???
Have you tried doing this yourself?
Good day!
Robert

That works okay in "Watch me" mode where it's pointed at the transmitter.
Other than that, it's one of those "Take your best shot" and hope for the best episodes. Lol
Hope it wokrs well for you. I'm sure you'll get it dialed in to your liking.
:)

Thanks again my friend. I am thinking that "watch me" mode will be the only use for me when I go bicycling where I can not carry the big transmitter.
Good day!:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss