Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Chromatic Aberration in frame grabs

Reaction score
Is my CGO3 camera/lens defective?
vlcsnap-2017-02-02-10h11m54s742_zpsuzzyhsow.png

There is a noticeable green shift in the color on the right and left sides of the picture as well as fringing on either side of the road. This is a VLC screengrab from the 4k video I shot. The sun was directly behind in this shot. Other grabs while panning the camera still have the same color problem, regardless of the suns position.

Looking at other's pic uploads I have seen from the CGO3 camera I am wondering if I have a lemon? Or is post processing necessary to correct this?

Last edited:
After looking at several videos on Youtube (from other CGO3 users) I am coming to the conclusion that the green color shift on the right and left sides of the video is just how the CGO3 camera sees things. At least in video mode.

Since I am now outside my "return the product" window, I will see what Yuneec has to say about this.

Maybe it's not as noticeable on "un-white" scenes?

Looking at my snow videos, I can see some green on the sides, but not as much as yours. On the right side it's just noticeable if you're really looking for it, on the left, I can only barely see it in a couple orientations.

Reactions: Riktar
Thanks for posting!

Take a look at the fringing along the road. Purple on one side, green on the other. I am used to seeing this type of fringing in photos on the outside area of a pic, but to have it this pronounced in the center of the frame is a bit troubling.

I don't see much of that at the size posted in the forum, but if it is there at higher magnification, you need to remember this camera is basically a cell phone camera, with a very wide-angle, non-fish eye lens, which is difficult to implement (few SLR lenses are as wide as the CGO3.)

After several conversations and emails with Yuneec I got authorization to send the camera in for repair. Shipping was covered by Yuneec and the camera had it's board replaced as well as the lens. While I don't have any snow outside to shoot a comparison I was able to determine that the camera is WAAAAAAY better than before.

Thank you Yuneec customer service and Kavservice (Authorized Yuneec Repair Service) for the job on my camera!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis