Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cold weather flying issue

Reaction score
Be careful when taking the drone from a warm house to cold air... less than 20F. The sensor glass fogs up and it loses sight of the ground. Will fly erratically and not respond properly to controls, even with active GPS

Hmmm. Should not matter if your gps is on. You need to warm up the battery before you fly it

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

this year I was a good year for flying I stoped in December when it got too cold and the wind was over 15 MPH , the one reason I stop and cage my bird is because plastic becomes brittle and snaps real easy . thats not to say if the weather breakes for a few days that my bird will go up to spread its wings .
fly safe

Hey! Spring is hitting us here in Finland, so there are some beautiful scenes to be filmed. But it is still around freezing (-3 to +3 Celsius) and I have encountered an interesting issue; when I press take off with my Breeze, it takes off and lands automatically. After repeating this 10-15 times, it stays in the air, but flying it is not smooth but very jerky. For example when I keep the controller pushing it forward, it flies for maybe 10 meters, stops for a microsecond, continues, stops again and so on. Is there something wrong with the drone or is it just cold.

I'm also experiencing some other interesting issues, eg my phone is connected to the the WiFi, but the app says it is on connected. And when I'm connected with the Bluetooth controller, and I choose to fly with it, it restarts the app. The controller issue appears when the drone is on the ground and also when I change flight mode midair.
Could these be cold related issues?

I did manage to film something, though :)
Today's flight after many battery changes
And last week's

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval