Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cold weather

Reaction score
Hello folks !! I'm new to this form ..anyway I would like to know a safe temperature to fly my q5004k in this up and coming winter?? There's alot of great pictures to be found in the winter wonderland in Minnesota..please let me know !! Thx

Hello folks !! I'm new to this form ..anyway I would like to know a safe temperature to fly my q5004k in this up and coming winter?? There's alot of great pictures to be found in the winter wonderland in Minnesota..please let me know !! Thx
I've flown the Q down to 15 deg with no problems, just shorter flight times. Gotta keep the batteries warm until you fly. Biggest problem is frozen fingers.

Reactions: Thomas111

I’m in Minnesota and your biggest issue will be those fingers. It’s always a struggle. But if you can hack it you’ll get some great shots.

Thank you Rae !!! I'm new to flying in the cold Minnesota winter.. spent some money on it .. just don't want to have any issues with the bird .. Thx Buddy...

Your welcome. Just keep the batteries in the car while flying, not in your pocket. The batteries do not perform great in cold weather. Cut off for lipos is 20 degrees Fahrenheit. Now the H will keep the battery inside kinda warm but you will lose flight time. It’s just the nature with cold and lipos. I learned the hard way with my F4F wildcat rc plane. Within 2 minutes of flying my plane was making noises I’ve never heard, then boom loss of power and a very hard landing. Went home tested it and no noise and was fine. So be safe and warm you’ll be fine.

Reactions: Donny V
Your welcome. Just keep the batteries in the car while flying, not in your pocket. The batteries do not perform great in cold weather. Cut off for lipos is 20 degrees Fahrenheit. Now the H will keep the battery inside kinda warm but you will lose flight time. It’s just the nature with cold and lipos. I learned the hard way with my F4F wildcat rc plane. Within 2 minutes of flying my plane was making noises I’ve never heard, then boom loss of power an
Your welcome. Just keep the batteries in the car while flying, not in your pocket. The batteries do not perform great in cold weather. Cut off for lipos is 20 degrees Fahrenheit. Now the H will keep the battery inside kinda warm but you will lose flight time. It’s just the nature with cold and lipos. I learned the hard way with my F4F wildcat rc plane. Within 2 minutes of flying my plane was making noises I’ve never heard, then boom loss of power and a very hard landing. Went home tested it and no noise and was fine. So be safe and warm you’ll be fine.
Thx Buddy
d a very hard landing. Went home tested it and no noise and was fine. So be safe and warm you’ll be fine.
Thank you buddy..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval