Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Comfast CF-WR371AC range extender

Reaction score
I have tried to use the Comfast CF-WR371AC range extender with my Breeze, it works well, but I noticed that there is no battery indicator working when I connect to my Breeze through the extender. Is this normal? Connecting to the drone directly solves the problem, but I would like to ensure I have a strong signal while using the Drone.

Could you upload a screenshot while connected through the 371AC? I would be curious if any other telemetry is missing also.

Use the Attach files button left of the Post Reply to upload the photo.

Also include the make and model of the phone you are using with the Breeze.

Reactions: robbie2
I have tried to use the Comfast CF-WR371AC range extender with my Breeze, it works well, but I noticed that there is no battery indicator working when I connect to my Breeze through the extender. Is this normal? Connecting to the drone directly solves the problem, but I would like to ensure I have a strong signal while using the Drone.
"no battery indicator working" & "ensure that I have strong signal"?! Could it be that there is a confusion of terms here? Like DoomMeister perhaps does, I suspect that no telemetry at all is transferred, but only video. Or have you actually flown the drone with the range extender setup?

I actually have a file to upload, but I'm not sure exactly when I tried connecting to the extender. My Breeze is currently being repaired since I lost connection without the extender and it ran into a tree. Admittedly, it is confusing, since the app displayed a live view, but no battery meter. I didn't fly it with the extender because of the fear of losing control of the drone.

DM I use an iPhone 5S.

The 5s is the phone I used most of the time when first flying the Breeze.

When using the Comfast 371AC with iOS devices like the 5s the security setting has to be disabled or you only have connection with the camera and no control of the Breeze flight controls.

This is most easily accessed by connecting through a full browser on a PC and not the mobile link through a phone.

Reactions: thoneter
DM, I was attempting to adjust the security levels in the iP 5S and could not find the control for the security setting, did you mean to adjust the setting in iTunes? Still not getting a read on adjusting the settings using iTunes and hand controls.

The security setting I was referring to was in the Comfast extender. I’ll have to look at the setup pages for the 371AC again , but it is a single setting that gets turned off and allows full connection to the Breeze.

I had plans of doing a HowTo on setting up the Comfast WR370AC and WR371AC, but the native IP setting is the same as my main router in my house. I worked for hours getting my 371AC set the way I wanted, fighting the conflict between the two devices. So once I got it set how I wanted it I never went back to start over and write a How To. I’ve been busy with medical necessities for my wife and now myself. When I get to my computer today I’ll send a screenshot of the page you need to turn off the security in the Comfast.

Actually, changing the security mode is about the only setting of the Comfast that one CAN conveniently do through its mobile interface, i.e. while connected to the extender through the phone.

Connect to the extender Wifi and open your phone's web browser.
In the browser's address bar, enter '192.168.10.1' as the URL.
The Comfast login screen should come up, do the login and wait for the following automatic scan for hotspots to complete.
When you see a list of hotspots (could also be empty, depending on where you are), go to settings by tapping the 'cog' icon in the upper right corner - select 'Advanced' from the menu that pops up.
2018-11-23 12.18.48_LI.jpg
Then select 'Security Mode Setting'.
2018-11-23 12.20.05_LI.jpg
Next screen, tap the lower one of the orange buttons so that it shows 'Enable security Mode' (that is when security is actually DISabled, which is what you want).
2018-11-23 12.20.45_LI.jpg
Log off from the interface by going of the 'cog' icon again.
Reconnect to the extender, fire up the Breeze, wait what happens...

Attachments

• 2018-11-23 12.18.48_LI.jpg
    2018-11-23 12.18.48_LI.jpg
    507.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 2018-11-23 12.20.05_LI.jpg
    2018-11-23 12.20.05_LI.jpg
    563.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 2018-11-23 12.20.45_LI.jpg
    2018-11-23 12.20.45_LI.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: DoomMeister
Thanks for the heads up robbie2! Very much appreciated.

Mahalo to Robbie and DM for their informative reply, I will try again today! Take care DM and I hope for a quick recovery to both yourself and your wife!

Mahalo to Robbie and DM for their informative reply, I will try again today! Take care DM and I hope for a quick recovery to both yourself and your wife!

Thanks, we are recovering. I’m off the pain meds and only using Naproxen for anti-inflammatory uses. Still have to avoid bending, lifting, and twisting to allow the fusion a good start to my lumbar area.

Just a follow up, following the directions of DM and Robbie, I was able to connect to my Breeze using the Comfast 371AC and my iPhone. Now to see how she flies this Sunday! Thanks for the sage advice to the experts! I will report of how it goes soon. Good to hear you are doing well DM, I have had back issues as well, so I know about the misery, good news, it does go away in time!

The first four years of the six were tolerable and PT exercises and stretches kept things at bay. The last two years I started getting tingling in my legs and feet and it got progressively worse. Some of my PT exercises would cause instant numbness in my legs so I stopped those. Accidentally saw my old PT therapist while my wife was having a CT done. Told him what was going on and he said stop any PT that aggravated the numbness and insist on the doctor ordering an MRI as he was sure I had a slipped disc. He was right as they found two and both were still at level 1 severity so no permanent nerve damage.

Hope all future Breeze flights are successful!

Just wanted to give DM and Robbie an update, It works! The Breeze never cut out once and I used it through the controller, with just the phone. I did not take the Breeze too far out of range since technically I am in a no fly zone, so I flew below 100 ft. One problem that is understandable is the follow me mode which did not work as well, presumably because the repeater is in a different position than the phone. Here is a Hawaiian Sunset that I took from the Breeze tonight for you to enjoy as a thank you.Hawaiian Sunset.jpgHawaiian Sunset.jpg

Very nice pics, thanks for the present [emoji3].
Regarding FollowMe mode, was your experience without the extender better than with the extender? In fact, the extender shouldn't play a role - the target of FollowMe is determined by the GPS data of your phone, I believe. The extender has no position information of its own. And the Breeze isn't exactly famous for a reliable FollowMe anyway.

Ditto robbie2’s reply. Part of the follow me has to do with the iPhone 5s. That mode works better on my iPhone 7. I think the GPS updates faster on the 7 than the 5s and may be a more precise unit. I have used the Breeze with iPhones 5c, 5s, 6S, SE, and 7.

Very nice sunset! Sunrises and sunsets are some of my favorite photo subjects, especially near water. Thankyou.

Mokuluanui,

Not sure how you manage using your Comfast or if you use the controller while flying the Breeze. This photo sequence shows how I attach mine using the controller. The last pic was taken using the Breeze to show the controller, power brick, WR371AC, and iPhone 7 all together. This setup can make doing a Follow Me mode flight work better.

AB556B50-0664-4864-809A-F4B25E8C7B6C.jpeg
Velcro straps mounted between the Controller and phone mount to facilitate holding the power brick.

2AF6D87F-121C-4B7B-A6BD-EBFFFCEEF0A5.jpeg
Power brick ready to be mounted.

B938B4B1-12E7-4418-889C-7F75D9867B79.jpeg
Rear view showing power brick mounted to controller.

15E370E7-B5D2-4B9E-BAFA-5AB098170753.jpeg
WR371AC installed and connecting with Breeze.

AAF28BC1-0B01-4BA5-8BF2-8AD2665BB52C.jpeg
Using the Breeze held by hand to take photo showing the full connection.

Looks good DM, my only concern is that the repeater may be too close to the phone. If you are not having any issues, that's a good thing. Also, using this set up, you could plug in the phone for a longer use, is this true?

Looks good DM, my only concern is that the repeater may be too close to the phone. If you are not having any issues, that's a good thing. Also, using this set up, you could plug in the phone for a longer use, is this true?

You can extend the phone usage by plugging it in also. I have not had an issue with the repeater being that close once it is setup. Actually only helps if you are in follow me mode, but if you have no connection or video issues with just the phone while in follow me mode, the repeater is unnecessary.

The Breeze will follow you in smart follow me mode for most any distance you travel. An RTH will still send the Breeze back to the original takeoff location, so it is advisable to do Land instead of an RTH.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval