Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Comments welcome...humpback whales

Reaction score
Will a ND filter solve what I'm seeing here? Dispite the fact that news services have contacted me and this is making it's rounds quite well...I'm not that satisfied with how it looks.

Any comments welcome.

Are you talking about the reflection from the overcast sky? No, a ND filter won't fix that. A circular polarizing (CP) filter can reduce the glare, but it must be adjusted for the angle of the sun to be most effective, so moving the camera (panning or tilting) can reduce the polarizing effect to essentially zero. In my opinion, CPs are best reserved for still photography or locked (static positioning) video shots.

Reactions: Niblett
Video is a moving target. One change in camera position is different light and color and artifacts will happen. If you hover and fix your FOV and adjust your settings accordingly you can reduce noticeable changes. The moving water is like all frequencies coming at a microphone at the same time in sound and digital encoding is very brutal and lacks any smoothing. That's why we need so many tools in post production. Editing, timing, subject matter, and consistency make good videos regardless of frame rate or resolution and the creator is often times over critical of their work which you should be. If I'm not learning and getting better then I'm not interested anymore. It's the challenge of getting semi pro results from a consumer platform that makes it engaging and a little obsessive for me.

Will a ND filter solve what I'm seeing here? Dispite the fact that news services have contacted me and this is making it's rounds quite well...I'm not that satisfied with how it looks.

Any comments welcome.

Did you have a current SFOC for this flight?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval