Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Compass warning

Reaction score
After 3 flight on 3 different days I saw a CCW compass calibration warning in the logs. Time to calibrate now?

Steve: Third flight in a row where, checking the logs there was a CCW warning.
. 5 ccw 94 ccw 101 ccw

Same issue my end...just posted a topic myself then saw yours.

I have noticed I get compass errors when I am done with flight and move the drone to my tailgate. After I saw the warning in the logs I was concerned. If I leave the drone from where it took off and landed I do not get any errors, only when I move the drone to\near my truck.

So you're saying do the flight, land and turn the H off before moving it anywhere?

Thats how I have stopped seeing the errors in my logs. Also, if I stood above the H and it lost GPS I would see those in the logs as well. I thought something was wrong with it until I figured out it was happening when it was near or on my vehicle.

That is very useful...i will try it. A simple flight seems fine...but mode changes, turning GPS on and off or activating RTH seems to create the error.

That is very useful...i will try it. A simple flight seems fine...but mode changes, turning GPS on and off or activating RTH seems to create the error.
I will try that, I do not really switch from Angle that much but would be interesting to know if that kicks errors on mode changes.

Normally i dont either. Its only because i have a flight test for my commercial permissions that im testing the H and finding these things out. I love the H and really trust it.

Normally i dont either. Its only because i have a flight test for my commercial permissions that im testing the H and finding these things out. I love the H and really trust it.
Indeed, I just noted in another thread that I really feel more comfortable flying the H more than my DJI's. In fact, even though my H setup is much larger and harder to lug around its the one I choose 99% of the time.

I've been considering the larger Yuneec Tornado over any DJI stuff, particularly Inspire 2 which is a con!...i think Yuneec are the next big players! DJI need to watch themsleves!

They advertise the IN2 as having the apple codec...but the licence to record in it is extra! Ooops! I support Yuneec 100%

I support them as well, I will defiantly buy a Tornado with the CGO4 over a DJI. Seems like much more bang for your buck. Plus all the controllers are compatible with different crafts. Just hope to be able to get the ST-24 apps loaded on the ST16. Then I would be extremely satisfied.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss