Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Completely discharged battery - Help

Reaction score
I was discharging a battery for storage and left it too long and now it is completely discharged and will not charge. The battery is now puffy.. Is there any hope in bring the battery back to life?

I agree, chalk it up to experience. I've gone through a lot of other batteries while learning how to charge, store, and use them. For me at least, a costly education.

I agree too.
Probably not worth the effort to try and recover that battery.
There are a couple of tricks to try and recover the battery but Lipo's can be dangerous at times and the puffiness makes me hesitate to even try.
My advice (FWIW) is to dispose of the battery.
Good luck and happy flying,
Jafo

Just for education, what method did you use to discharge it? My charger cuts off automatically (but yes, I keep an eye on it).
Best, safest, quickest way is using the drone.:)

I was discharging a battery for storage and left it too long and now it is completely discharged and will not charge. The battery is now puffy.. Is there any hope in bring the battery back to life?
Burn it.

Too bad you overdischarged it, Im sorry but your battery is gone.

Just out of interest, how puffy did it get?

Anyway, it's better for you to move on, the battery has died. :(

Look around for the best way to dispose of it, or keep it as a reminder, but I would advise to stop trying to charge it! (you dont want it to start a fire!)

Greetings!

Just for education, what method did you use to discharge it? My charger cuts off automatically (but yes, I keep an eye on it).
Best, safest, quickest way is using the drone.:)
I used a car stop light bulb and checked it with a multimeter. I started watching tv and forgot about it.

That's twice you've made that ill-advised suggestion... even if you are joking,
there are new pilots just getting into the sport that might think you're serious...
and because of that inexperience, have no clue how potentially dangerous
that scenario could play out.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal