Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Confusing Compass Data

Reaction score
When I look at the flight log for my last 3 flights it shows a compass warning at the end of the flight. However when I view the provided Chart for the flight it shows 0 warnings. The chart and flight log is on Web FlightPath.com Seems to be conflicting reports?? Any harm in doing a new Compass Calibration anyway?

It won't let me copy and paste here. Do I have to have the box connected and go that route to get it on here?

Let me know if you get to see this? Thanks

Attachments

• log 7 5 17.zip
    520.1 KB · Views: 3
What program or where are you getting these warnings from ? The last post you made above... where did that come from ?
I haven't processed the files yet but a brief look shows no out of the ordinary issues. The compass was working on all your flights ( press_compass_status= 21). This is normal...
Error Flags.... 0.
I'll process them later and have a better look and let you know for sure.

webflightpath.com You upload the flight log there and it provides a graph of the flight and the associated data.

I use Q500log2kml (google it).
No major or unexpected errors found.
The compass dropped out for less than 2 seconds in Telemetry file 141 (The only one I converted) and everything looks okay.

Added: Most of use Dashware for flight logging but other developers are getting on board everyday.

Last edited:
Thanks Jafo! IS there an updated sheet for all the various light ( led ) combinations? I was told that if you see an orange LED that means your ship needs compass calibration. I cannot find that on my light sheet. Also, I was told that if you see a solid purple light with a quick white flash that means your are in angle mode ( purple ) and have a GPS lock ( white ). Again these combinations do not appear on the sheet that came with this aircraft ( new ) about 3 months ago.

Yuneec updated the firmware but weren't much help updating the cheat sheet.
We we're kinda left to work it out on our own.
True about the purple with white flash. If you see a solid purple it's in angle mode with no gps look.
The indicator is also letting you know you have enough sats locked to use "Follow me and Watch me" modes.
The orange light... I don't see where that has changed in any of the firmware updates and the indicator as shown on the cheat sheet is correct.
If you have a rapid flashing orange before leaving the ground the Q is in bind mode.
If in flight, you should still see the normal purple/white with two orange flashes after the white flash. That's telling you the Q needs a compass calibration.
Tell us more about that orange light.... ??

Was not sure about the "orange light" but thanks for the clarification. I'm starting to understand some of these lights thanks to you and others on this Forum. Seems to me that, with little effort, Yuneec could update their "Lights" and that would lead to a greater understanding of what was going on with the craft and make for a safer operation and happier pilots. Thanks again!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss