Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Constant beeping aborts takeoff

AH-64 D

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Intended to make a routine flight this morning to document seasonal changes at flying field only to have my Typhoon H commence nearly constant rapid beeping even as it acquired GPS and its LED went constant green. Powered down and brought it home. Powered up this evening in living room without props and noticed that constant beeping would occur if either stick was held a slight amount off center. The right stick would prompt beeping from the H when pushed left or right. The left stick would cause beeping if stick moved briefly left and would only stop beeping if left stick was pushed briefly right. Is the beeping telling me I have to clean my control gimbals? Are there other reasons for such beeping?

I'm trying to re-create your issue on my TH. The right stick behaves as you described, but I get nothing when moving the left stick. My controller is in Mode 2. If yours happens to be in another mode, maybe that's the difference.

Anyway, check your sticks in "hardware monitor". See if any are off-center. If it's just dirty gimbal pots, a vigorous "stirring" of the sticks may resolve the issue. (Then comes more rigorous cleaning with contact cleaner, etc.)

As WTFD mentioned, verify the controls center in hardware monitor. If centered, proceed to the system calibration menu and run the calibration. If not centered prior to calibration, clean the gimbals, check centers, then run the cal.

Essential item for the toolkit. Cleans the oxidisation off the delicate joystick contacts.

Attachments

• IMAG1200.jpg
    IMAG1200.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 28
Thank you for your prompt replies. It seemed prudent to ask the forum before going after the sticks because my H has been pretty much problem free except for the ST16 cooling fans.

I just experienced pretty much the same situation with an H that hasn’t flown in over a year. Had to re-bind and calibrate everything but experienced the beeping after all that. Checking the hardware monitor showed the aileron channel would not center and a simple external cleaning failed to resolve it. Removed the gimbal, cleaned with some alcohol I had on hand, re-installed the gimbal, checked centering. Looked good. Calibrated all the controls and everything is as it should be again.

Had some heavy GPS warnings but letting it sit for a bit helped with that. Something to consider, if we let the aircraft sit unused for a ling time the back up battery in the GPS will deeply sag or go dead. I’m not sure how that might affect the GPS but it might be an idea to let the system sit for a spell just to put some juice back in that little battery.

Good point PatR. My H did sit from FEB until JUNE while I was busy with other things. My Q500 has been sitting since FEB. Guess I had best take them out for a walk. Did not find CRC QD Contact Cleaner at local Walmart or Home Depot even though they stock it online. Will check Arcade Electronics on General Washington since I used to go there when I needed electronic bits before I retired. Could easily mail order, but am not a big fan of Bezos.

I’ve cleaned gimbals on an ST-10 and an ST-16 and both times common rubbing alcohol worked fine. If you have it, try it.

Just had the constant beep issue occur after a gimbal re-calibration. Spoke with a Yuneec tech and solved it. It's an St16 fix. You must go into the hidden menu and change all the J boxes from The "failed" to " pass" The procedure is somewhat drawn out but easy. If you are not familiar with the process, I'd be happy to walk you through it.

That dependent on what’s causing the problem. If the system lost calibration, the controls calibration process works. If the gimbals are dirty and not reading full travels correctly or stuck off center, the control calibration process will offset the control range and limit one side or the other. Best practice is to view the Hardware Monitor in Settings to determine that all controls are centering normally before using the control calibration process. If they are, fine, calibrate. If not, clean the gimbals and calibrate after establishing they now center.

At least I know what got into the gimbals - mud. It was pretty muddy last February. My ST-16 got mud splattered on it and I later noticed dried mud deposits near the left stick opening.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430