Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Controller battery

Reaction score
My new controller does not hold a charge - it actually connects to the Breeze when plugged into power but nothing when disconnected. With USB cable attached everything lights up up and eventually the central blue light flashes on and off (not solid). I'm guessing a dud battery. Anyone know where I could source a replacement?

The controller for the Breeze actually takes a long time to charge the first time. Use a wall style USB 5V charger like you use with a phone or tablet PC and plug it in overnight. The Power button and A/B/X/Y buttons will all flash for a while. Later just the Power button will be flashing. When fully charged the Power button will be solidly lit. When fully charged the Breeze controller will last about 18 hours on the Li-ion battery it holds.

There have been rare cases of bad controller batteries, but try the overnight charging first.

Reactions: WTFDproject
The controller for the Breeze actually takes a long time to charge the first time. Use a wall style USB 5V charger like you use with a phone or tablet PC and plug it in overnight. The Power button and A/B/X/Y buttons will all flash for a while. Later just the Power button will be flashing. When fully charged the Power button will be solidly lit. When fully charged the Breeze controller will last about 18 hours on the Li-ion battery it holds.

There have been rare cases of bad controller batteries, but try the overnight charging first.

Well I put the charger on for 24 hours - blue light just kept flashing - so it must be a battery issue - I will try to find another I think

If the controller came with the Breeze, contact Yuneec for a replacement it is also covered under warranty.

http://yuneec.com/support and select Speak with a Pro. Try Live Chat first then if no luck schedule a support phone call. They are open 8AM to 12PM and 1PM to 5PM Pacific time.

If the controller came with the Breeze, contact Yuneec for a replacement it is also covered under warranty.

http://yuneec.com/support and select Speak with a Pro. Try Live Chat first then if no luck schedule a support phone call. They are open 8AM to 12PM and 1PM to 5PM Pacific time.

It did come with the breeze - sealed as new but not from an authorised retailer - so they wouldn't help. I found a replacement elsewhere and will try that.

I opened my spare controller to check the battery markings and did a Google search for a match to no avail. It is a 2.22Wh Li-ion battery.
AB480FE3-BBCD-4516-B4A2-9EE52D2B8C77.jpeg
It must be a special OEM for GameSir that is not allowed on the resale market.

I opened my spare controller to check the battery markings and did a Google search for a match to no avail. It is a 2.22Wh Li-ion battery.
View attachment 12531
It must be a special OEM for GameSir that is not allowed on the resale market.
Interesting. By the looks of it, this could be a rather plain 1S LiPo. Did you measure the voltage? If it is, it should not be a problem to replace the dead battery with a smaller 1S LiPo. Even the MPX plug is there. You would just loose a bit of capacity by going for smaller physical size.

According to the info on the GameSir site the battery is a 3.6V Li-ion battery capable of about 18 hours of use on a single charge.

This is the second time I’ve heard of one that was dead out of the box. The first was a friend that has been an RC pilot for many years and returned his to Walmart the next day after finding that it would not charge.

Reactions: robbie2
According to the info on the GameSir site the battery is a 3.6V Li-ion battery capable of about 18 hours of use on a single charge.

This is the second time I’ve heard of one that was dead out of the box. The first was a friend that has been an RC pilot for many years and returned his to Walmart the next day after finding that it would not charge.
So the original is Li-Ion, not LiPo. Do these have the same requirements for charging as LiPo? If yes, I would still give replacing this with a similar size LiPo a try. You would only lose a few dollars for that cheap LiPo if it fails. But that is just me who gets a kick from saving broken stuff...

Get out your ruler, maybe this is on the right track?
https://www.amazon.breeze controlle bottom.jpgbreeze controlle bottom.jpgcom/oneself-Lithium-Polymer-rechargeable-battery/dp/B00M6LKAQA
IT WOULD BE GREAT if this battery will work in the Breeze controller. My Breeze (from Walmart) came with a dead controller. Won't take a charge. I since bought a 2nd controller via eBay, and it charges and works perfectly. But I kinda would like to get the original controller working, and buying a battery, I think, would be the place to start. If anyone can confirm if the battery described above from Amazon would be OK, I'll say thank you in advance.breeze controlle bottom.jpg

Attachments

• breeze controller top.jpg
    breeze controller top.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 11
IT WOULD BE GREAT if this battery will work in the Breeze controller. My Breeze (from Walmart) came with a dead controller. Won't take a charge. I since bought a 2nd controller via eBay, and it charges and works perfectly. But I kinda would like to get the original controller working, and buying a battery, I think, would be the place to start. If anyone can confirm if the battery described above from Amazon would be OK, I'll say thank you in advance.View attachment 12923

Open up your controller and measure the size of the battery. If it’s greater or equal to the one on Amazon, you are good.

Open up your controller and measure the size of the battery. If it’s greater or equal to the one on Amazon, you are good.

Use a #1 Phillips to remove the screws around the outside then get the one under the round paper date sticker. At that point gently remove the bottom half of the case. The rest should stay together. Replace with a Li-ion if possible as there are no problems storing them at full charge. The 2.22Wh is equal to a 611mAh 3.6V battery.

Reactions: robbie2 and bkthedj
Use a #1 Phillips to remove the screws around the outside then get the one under the round paper date sticker. At that point gently remove the bottom half of the case. The rest should stay together. Replace with a Li-ion if possible as there are no problems storing them at full charge. The 2.22Wh is equal to a 611mAh 3.6V battery.
DoomMeister: You are an amazing resource of specific info. Thank you so much. I'll dig into my controller as you suggest. Thank you And meanwhile - how are you doing with your back issues? I've been there/done that, and I know it's a big deal. Wishing you healing and adding a thank you for your work here in the forum.

DoomMeister: You are an amazing resource of specific info. Thank you so much. I'll dig into my controller as you suggest. Thank you And meanwhile - how are you doing with your back issues? I've been there/done that, and I know it's a big deal. Wishing you healing and adding a thank you for your work here in the forum.

You are welcome and I enjoy sharing what I have learned. I spent 5 years as an instructor while in the Air Force and enjoyed it immensely.

All is going well with my back recovery. The surgery was a success and I started Physical Therapy yesterday. That went well and I have work to do with retraining muscles and not guarding (that is using the wrong muscles to accomplish a movement to protect from pain caused using the proper muscle group), but it is going to help me heal faster and correctly.

Keep us posted on your battery quest.

My new controller does not hold a charge - it actually connects to the Breeze when plugged into power but nothing when disconnected. With USB cable attached everything lights up up and eventually the central blue light flashes on and off (not solid). I'm guessing a dud battery. Anyone know where I could source a replacement?
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!

Just got around to opening my drone and controller , got it as a gift in2019 and the battery on the controller doesn't charge just one light flashes like it's charging the other flights blink for about 10 min then the one blue light flashes for about 20 min then they all go solid and it will turn on but the battery has one blinking bar on the controller.
I'm going to just replace it with what was recommended a couple replies back and see if it works out lol

Just got around to opening my drone and controller , got it as a gift in2019 and the battery on the controller doesn't charge just one light flashes like it's charging the other flights blink for about 10 min then the one blue light flashes for about 20 min then they all go solid and it will turn on but the battery has one blinking bar on the controller.
I'm going to just replace it with what was recommended a couple replies back and see if it works out lol
If the blinking LED is along the front edge, that is not a charge indicator it is a mode indicator. If you power on while holding the A button it places you in Android mode and if you do it holding the Y button it puts it in iOS mode.

The charge indicator is when the Power button changes from flashing to solid blue. Your description tells me your controller battery is fine.

If you are only using the OEM charger with your flight batteries, fly until you get to 30% charge as seen in the Breeze Cam app and land. The battery will rebound to about 50% charge when it cools. This is a good storage level. Only recharge to 100% within 24 hours of when you plan to fly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22