Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Controller Charging

Reaction score
I know this has been asked before but here goes. I just got my Breeze and Controller out of the box today. Plugged in the controller to charge it. BTW, the instructions and description of chargingn for lack of a better word, just plain SUCK. Well after looking here on the forum I find that the blue power button should be lit solid when fully charged after blinking while charging. Gee, would that be so hard to describe in the instructions?

Anyway this thing has been blinking blue for close to 8 hours now. That can't possibly be right, can it? Does initial charging REALLY take more than 8 hours? I need some help here before I start going through the PITA process of calling Yuneec.

So I gave up after 8 hours+ and decided to unplug from my computer and try a wall USB port to charge. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:
As you may have seen, there were reports on this forum about defective units that would indeed not charge. But I believe they were also reports about the first charge taking a full night...
Report back what happens with yours after you had it on the charger for 12 to 14 hours. There's no harm with just waiting another day or night, I hope [emoji11]

Ok, almost 24 hours plugged in and the blue light is still blinking. Someone said a firmwear update solved this so I'll try that. If that's a no go calling Yuneec is next. Mine has the same 2017 build date as theirs so....maybe. I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy though.

Update. Well, that's pretty amazing. Updated the firmwear to 1.39, plugged in and less than 10 minutes later a solid blue power light. But...now every so often the ABXY buttons flash quickly. Not a timed event, it's random. What's with that? Part of the new firmwear?

This should not be so complicated. Stupid. I hope the dang drone will fly and not fly away or crash and self destruct the first time using this device.

I had the same issue here. Tried out-of-the-box charging under firmware 1.22, but after hours still no solid blue power light. After updating to 1.39 a solid blue power button within a quarter of an hour.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I had the same issue here. Tried out-of-the-box charging under firmware 1.22, but after hours still no solid blue power light. After updating to 1.39 a solid blue power button within a quarter of an hour.

Thanks!
Hi, received a breeze for gift some time ago and recently been trying to figure it out...very complicated for a newbie:) I'm getting a flashing blue light on my controller as well, I have left it overnight charging so I believe I've given it enough time. Really hoping to be able to get some knowledge on how to check (and possibly) update firmware to see if this helps. I've seen a couple posts with a version of 1.39, any chance of finding out how I go about doing this? Thanks!

As far as charging the controller it can take a considerable amount of time to charge it fully. I use a USB charging cube for a phone (5V @ 1A). A USB port on a computer takes too long. When you first plug it in the Power button and the A, B, X, and Y buttons will flash. After awhile just the Power button will be flashing. When the charge is complete the Power button will be on and not flashing.

When you power on the controller one of the small LED’s along the front edge will be flashing. In Android mode the left most LED will flash, and in iOS mode the second one will flash.

As far as firmware goes for the Breeze if you are on v1.37 then it is the better one for North America. You get better video feed rates with it than with v1.39. You can check which firmware you have installed by comparing your ESC, Flying control, and Camera to those in this linked post
Post in thread 'Different firmwares'
Different firmwares. Your Client version will be different if you are using Android.

As far as charging the controller it can take a considerable amount of time to charge it fully. I use a USB charging cube for a phone (5V @ 1A). A USB port on a computer takes too long. When you first plug it in the Power button and the A, B, X, and Y buttons will flash. After awhile just the Power button will be flashing. When the charge is complete the Power button will be on and not flashing.

When you power on the controller one of the small LED’s along the front edge will be flashing. In Android mode the left most LED will flash, and in iOS mode the second one will flash.

As far as firmware goes for the Breeze if you are on v1.37 then it is the better one for North America. You get better video feed rates with it than with v1.39. You can check which firmware you have installed by comparing your ESC, Flying control, and Camera to those in this linked post
Post in thread 'Different firmwares'
Different firmwares. Your Client version will be different if you are using Android.
Hey, thanks so much for responding. As mentioned, I received this drone awhile back as a gift but am just getting into now. I've been running into roadblocks every step off the way...lol. First, the battery for my breeze was not a good one so I purchased a second, it has charged up, and is good to go now. I've read where there are ways "to wake up" my battery, so I will try that later on. Although I started out charging my controller on my computer USB, I have switched it over to a phone charger which is charging at 5V so I agree, I think it's a matter of time to charge fully. I tried to connect my breeze to wifi last night with no luck but believe it may have something to do with my home router. I'm leaving for a couple days to go camping with my boys and I'll be diving into this issue when I return. I'm not sure if I can have 2 networks running off my linksys home router or not, but may be able to "accept" breeze as a device and have it connect that way...not sure. I'm sure I have to have that connection before checking firmware. As you can likely tell, I'm not a techie but looks like I may have to learn to be:). Thanks again, hope it's ok to connect with you again in time....would really like to be able to get this in the air over the next while.

Enjoy camping and we can help sort the issues when you return.

Check the specs of your phone to make sure it has 5.8GHz WiFi capability (802.11a/ac). It will not work if the phone only supports 802.11b/g.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis