Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Controller connection [Solved]

Reaction score
New member and brand new ”pilot” and thanks for the add. I have both an Android (Samsung) running ver 7.0 and an iPhone running latest ver with the latest available app loaded on each of them. I can connect the iPhone to both the drone and controller and it appears to operate perfectly. However, I would prefer to use the Samsung as a monitor, but it does not recognize the presence/connection to the controller. I can operate the drone directly from the phone but it is not as responsive as with the controller when using the iPhone. The Samsung appears to only see the controller as a charging device when it is connected via the micro usb, regardless of what cable I use. My question here is: Do I have a phone connection issue or an Android app issue, considering everything seems to connect and work properly with the iPhone? Thank for any words of wisdom.

Just saw this pop up in the last two weeks as a solution for those running Android 10. They were having issues with no video feed. Someone finally changed USB cables and got video. The conclusion was that the cable has to be data capable. A good test for that is if it is capable of transferring files to and from your PC.

This charging situation with Android devices is not restricted to the Mantis controller and Yuneec. The DJI forums are filled with the same type of threads where Android phones/tablets drain the controller battery.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Just saw this pop up in the last two weeks as a solution for those running Android 10. They were having issues with no video feed. Someone finally changed USB cables and got video. The conclusion was that the cable has to be data capable. A good test for that is if it is capable of transferring files to and from your PC.

This charging situation with Android devices is not restricted to the Mantis controller and Yuneec. The DJI forums are filled with the same type of threads where Android phones/tablets drain the controller battery.
Thank you so much. I performed the test you suggested on several cables and found only a couple that would connect to my laptop for file transfer. The others only showed a charging status. Upon then testing the “good” ones with the controller and drone I found that by connecting the controller first and opening the app, before powering up the drone, it shows the controller as properly connected. Then when after powering the drone it connects with it as well. Many thanks again for the tip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece