Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Controller won’t connect to iPhone

Reaction score
I see Gamesir-G3 in my iPhone’s Bluetooth devices list but I keep getting the dreaded “connection unsuccessful” message when I attempt to pair. Clearly the iPhone has seen the controller. The blue lights blink on the controller, but alas no pairing. What’s wrong here?

Thanks

Bruce

The BT protocol is prob not compatible with you IPhone. Common issue with some models of iphones

Which iPhone are you using?

Power up the controller by holding Y and the Power buttons at the same time. The second light from left should be blinking (iOS mode).

Last edited:
Did you Power the controller by holding Y and Power buttons at the same time?

I use an iPhone 7 myself.

I’ve had to do the same. Not just the controller, but speakers and other devices. Bluetooth is an OK thing for near field communication, but it can be flakey

Once the controller has paired the first time, you should only have to have Bluetooth turned on and the pairing will happen in the app when you go to Controller mode. Slide to the right then hit experience now.

Reactions: WEEKENDER2000
This will solve your problem:

First, make sure your controller is updated with latest firmware.

Then, on your phone, go to Bluetooth devices and forget the device for controller (Gamesir).

Turn off Bluetooth on phone, and turn off controller. Also make sure you are completely closed out of breeze App.

Turn controller back on using correct button combo for iPhone. Y-Power button + y button.

Turn Bluetooth back on, on your iPhone, and connect to the controller.

Once connected, disconnect from the controller, but leave controller turned on. Do NOT turn off Bluetooth on phone.

Now turn your breeze on, and open the breeze cam app.

Once the app connects to breeze and you can see video feed, select Tasks.

Then select Controller Mode. Slide bar to continue.

Now the App should connect to the controller automatically at this step.

If it connects, you are all good. Do not use your phone Bluetooth menu to connect to the controller after the initial setup. Let the App handle the connection.

Hope this helps.

-Chris K
Paradise Computer Services
Port Aransas, TX

Reactions: robbie2
IMG_4077.jpgIMG_4078.jpgG3 controller loses connection with iPhone XS, establishes a connection, but after switching to "Task" it breaks the connection every time.

Controller has been updated with latest firmware.

What’s wrong here?

Thanks
Tom

View attachment 14059View attachment 14060G3 controller loses connection with iPhone XS, establishes a connection, but after switching to "Task" it breaks the connection every time.

What’s wrong here?

Thanks
Tom
Try going to phone settings then Bluetooth and tell your phone to forget device G3. Close breeze app out completely. Restart app go to task then controller mode and experience now. At this point the app should link automatically to controller on its own.

Try going to phone settings then Bluetooth and tell your phone to forget device G3. Close breeze app out completely. Restart app go to task then controller mode and experience now. At this point the app should link automatically to controller on its own.

I tried to do it a lot of times it doesn't work.

View attachment 14059View attachment 14060G3 controller loses connection with iPhone XS, establishes a connection, but after switching to "Task" it breaks the connection every time.

What’s wrong here?

Thanks
Tom

It looks like you are connecting in the Controller task mode. Is it dropping back to the second screen shot when you press the Experience Now button? Also make sure you Stert the conroller by pressing Power+Y the first time (the second LED in front of the controller should be flashing indicating you are in iOS mode).

If you continue to have trouble contact Yuneec CS at http;//yuneec.com/support. Use Speak to a Pro and schedule a Support Phone Call. The latest version of the Breeze Cam app is almost 2 years old and may be incompatible with the newer iPhones. Yuneec CS should be able to guide you.

It looks like you are connecting in the Controller task mode. Is it dropping back to the second screen shot when you press the Experience Now button? Also make sure you Stert the conroller by pressing Power+Y the first time (the second LED in front of the controller should be flashing indicating you are in iOS mode).

If you continue to have trouble contact Yuneec CS at http;//yuneec.com/support. Use Speak to a Pro and schedule a Support Phone Call. The latest version of the Breeze Cam app is almost 2 years old and may be incompatible with the newer iPhones. Yuneec CS should be able to guide you.

When I press the Experience Now button, the R2 and B work, but if I pass to the tasks, the controller disconnects.IMG_4084.jpgIMG_4083.jpg

Try swiping from right to left several times until the help screens (black background info screens are gone) you should then have a screen with the Breeze’s camera view showing. At that point you should be able to press Start and the Breeze takeoff at the end of the countdown 3, 2, 1, motors start and Breeze lifts off. You can then release the Start button.

If that doesn’t work, contact Yuneec CS as I described earlier. It will be some sort of Bluetooth incompatibility like with iPhones earlier than a 5S.

Try swiping from right to left several times until the help screens (black background info screens are gone) you should then have a screen with the Breeze’s camera view showing. At that point you should be able to press Start and the Breeze takeoff at the end of the countdown 3, 2, 1, motors start and Breeze lifts off. You can then release the Start button.

If that doesn’t work, contact Yuneec CS as I described earlier. It will be some sort of Bluetooth incompatibility like with iPhones earlier than a 5S.

the Experience Now (Pilot) - Work
So the controller does not work with tasks: Selfie, Orbit, Jeourney and Follow Me?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio