Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Could not get the H into the air today.. any suggestions?

Y

Yuneec Pilot

Hello dear pilots,

today i was at a Restaurant with my family and I went outside to show the Typhoon H real quick. It was 6:30 pm, -1 degrees Celsius and we had fog, so i just wanted to do some hovering. I fired up my remote and turned on the H. Everything went well until I wanted to start. The main status LED showed the "No-Flight-Zone" pattern, but the ST16 showed no message at all. I tried to disable the GPS, but he pattern stayed the same. The H refused to start bthe motors evenn with GPS disabled. I kinow perfeclty well that I was not in a No Fly Zone. I've added a screenshot of UAVForecast. The marker is the flight poition. There is no "No-Fly-Zone" anywhere
near.

Possible reasons:
- Too low temperature? -1 Deg.
- Compass Error: My compass calibration was carried out wihtout removing metal objects, but still sucessful. I've flown 4 flight so far without any problems.
- Firmware? The added screenshot shows my current FW settings. I've had one Firmware issue. As stated in another thread, the "LED Off" command is not carried out. But i thought to myself: "I won't reset the firmware if the aircraft flies well."

While powering up the H just yet, it showed angle mode as usual...

Any suggestions?
Did I do something wrong?

PS:
Was unable to upload screenshot of Firmware Version. Here are the facts:

ST16
System Version: st16_system_v03.01.b25
Transmitter Version: st16_tx_v00.23
Radio Version: st16_rf_v01.10

Typhoon H:
Gimbal Version: V1.22
AutoPilot Version: V1.23
Camera Version: V3.2.24(E)
RealSense Version: N/A

Attachments

• IMG_1687.PNG
    IMG_1687.PNG
    5.8 MB · Views: 77
It looks like it is near that NOTAM/ no fly area perhaps... (red circle). I am presuming that is a permanent site for restriction, so maybe because the GPS lock was not accurate, it seemed to think that because you were quite close to it, there was a possibility that you were in it. Just a guess - and probably nonsense too.

It looks like it is near that NOTAM/ no fly area perhaps... (red circle). I am presuming that is a permanent site for restriction, so maybe because the GPS lock was not accurate, it seemed to think that because you were quite close to it, there was a possibility that you were in it. Just a guess - and probably nonsense too.
But there are several kilometres between this no fly zone and even if it was this one, the st16 should have displayed a message and it would have been possible to start without GPS

But there are several kilometres between this no fly zone and even if it was this one, the st16 should have displayed a message and it would have been possible to start without GPS

Hi, well you can rule out temp I should think.

Did you notice how many GPS sats your H and ST16 had?

Reactions: yuneec53
True.. but anything is possible with this kit!

I doubt the depicted boundaries of the NFZ are absolute and you may have been inside the actual effective area. There's also the positional accuracy of the H GPS, which I don't believe is all that great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe one or more propellers was not fit properly. I have tried to start the motors without the propellers and after the initial spin they stopped working and the TH got into a no fly state. Had to shut it down to reset it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox