Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Counter punch??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So what's yuneec going to do? P4P looks good, 30 min flight time, bigger sensor plus increased speed with avoidance . I just bought my H pro and love its looks and flight characteristics. I love the 360 gimbal and the concept of the remote. I say concept because there are obviously some ruff edges with the interface just seems kinda klunky if you know what I mean. Things like playstore error msgs over the duration of a flight and the constant freezing of my video, sometimes I can't seem to clear things from the screen and again why is my video freezing when the unit is in such close proximity. If i can see the unit the video should not freeze man o man dose that give me a trust issue. Combine that with the flight time and I get a little concerned with how much I paid for the H. I know i can just swap out batts but for some reason it really bothers me that 15 17 minutes is tops. The power is being sapped by the real sense and I swear there needs to be better information on that systems functions. I was hoping for more info then from a paid kid on a skateboard or an obviously staged release event, where is the nuts and bolts tech info at . The you can do this but not that stuff. I know ther are mentions of it in the manual but its minimal. If this is your flagship show stopper tech wouldn't you include a manual for it ? The wizard has two sets of instructions and nothing for real sense? Maybe it's just me but it leaves me with a very unsatisfied feeling. I can still return my H , the p4 is getting cheaper every day and with the p4p price point with a better camera and flight time I'm not sure if the H makes sense . I don't necessarily want a DJI trust me I know it's not all champagne and roses over there but I might just return my H and wait for yuneec to wake up. They just seem kind of lethargic and I have no idea why. This H should be and could be absolutely unstoppable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drew Herdman
So what's yuneec going to do? H pro looks good, 30 min flight time, bigger sensor plus increased speed with avoidance . I just bought my H pro and love its looks and flight characteristics. I love the 360 gimbal and the concept of the remote. I say concept because there are obviously some ruff edges with the interface just seems kinda klunky if you know what I mean. Things like playstore error msgs over the duration of a flight and the constant freezing of my video, sometimes I can't seem to clear things from the screen and again why is my video freezing when the unit is in such close proximity. If i can see the unit the video should not freeze man o man dose that give me a trust issue. Combine that with the flight time and I get a little concerned with how much I paid for the H. I know i can just swap out batts but for some reason it really bothers me that 15 17 minutes is tops. The power is being sapped by the real sense and I swear there needs to be better information on that systems functions. I was hoping for more info then from a paid kid on a skateboard or an obviously staged release event, where is the nuts and bolts tech info at . The you can do this but not that stuff. I know ther are mentions of it in the manual but its minimal. If this is your flagship show stopper tech wouldn't you include a manual for it ? The wizard has two sets of instructions and nothing for real sense? Maybe it's just me but it leaves me with a very unsatisfied feeling. I can still return my H , the p4 is getting cheaper every day and with the p4p price point with a better camera and flight time I'm not sure if the H makes sense . I don't necessarily want a DJI trust me I know it's not all champagne and roses over there but I might just return my H and wait for yuneec to wake up. They just seem kind of lethargic and I have no idea why. This H should be and could be absolutely unstoppable.
Sorry kinda disagree here, yuneec is pretty awake I think, they have been consistent and regular with firmware updates, most of us have had probably very Little issues, personally I choose the H over the p4 and am very happy with my choice to date, the p4p is an updated product, but I suspect we will most definitely get another camera and we will most. Likely get higher Ah batteries and changes to the Gui ie battery percent etc and I also hear of 3rd part support, all in all I believe we have exciting times ahead [emoji106]

Reactions: Flymac
That's my number one problem, "I suspect". Seems like we know other companies are going to release things through interaction . I'm just saying they should be more vocal, and updating firmware hasn't increased my flight time or defrosted my frozen video feed.

I think it's sounds like I bashing, I hope it's not coming across like that .

That's my number one problem, "I suspect". Seems like we know other companies are going to release things through interaction . I'm just saying they should be more vocal, and updating firmware hasn't increased my flight time or defrosted my frozen video feed.
Pretty sure dji were tight lipped about what we could expect from new models, there was plenty of conjecture about but no hard facts, as another forum poster said we are in an arms race so there is very little released as fact so that it can't be countered.
Not sure what video feed issues you are having but I have found (in the uk) the service /tech support to be really good.
As for batteries yoy can get the gifi 7000mah batts I have one on order to test it out but some guys who bought them for their q500s loved them
Good luck with sorting your issues out m8

If you're having video issues, check your memory card - it's been reported in various threads that some cards work better than others.

Reactions: Brock.ugk
Better to find a customer base you can serve well and improve your product to best suit their needs. Everyone wants the moon but few are willing to pay the price.

If anyone is getting 30 minutes flight time with an H they better check their batteries. They've likely been deep discharged and damaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For almost 6 months I had no problems with my TH. Then the last firmware update which was the version 3.0 my TH froze and will not come back up. It's now at tech-support in California. So other than that i've had no problems with my TH at all. My next purchase will be a real sense which will upgrade my th to a TH pro .

I have to say, as a former DJI owner, I have a philosophical problem with where DJI is coming from. if I had gone out and purchased a Phantom 4, only to sit back and watch the 4 be upgraded by the 4 Pro a short time afterwards, I would be pissed. I much prefer the philosophy Yuneec is taking, with a modular concept, where one can grow with the machine. And for the record, I'm not a yuneec fanboy, just airing my two cents. I have no doubt that the new Phantom 4 Pro is a wonderful machine. I just feel for the folks that forked out a bunch of cash for a unit that is dropping in value as I write this comment.

We don't have GEO. That alone is a major plus to me. Some of the new pricing sort of suggests they might also be selling at cost or under with some products to force other companies out of the market. If so there could be some legal implications. If not then their higher priced products might be presumed to be grossly over priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For almost 6 months I had no problems with my TH. Then the last firmware update which was the version 3.0 my TH froze and will not come back up. It's now at tech-support in California. So other than that i've had no problems with my TH at all. My next purchase will be a real sense which will upgrade my th to a TH pro .
Heads up I got notice from Horizon Hobby that MAP for Horizon Hobby dealers for the Realsense add-on will be $299 until 12/5

I have to say, as a former DJI owner, I have a philosophical problem with where DJI is coming from. if I had gone out and purchased a Phantom 4, only to sit back and watch the 4 be upgraded by the 4 Pro a short time afterwards, I would be pissed. I much prefer the philosophy Yuneec is taking, with a modular concept, where one can grow with the machine. And for the record, I'm not a yuneec fanboy, just airing my two cents. I have no doubt that the new Phantom 4 Pro is a wonderful machine. I just feel for the folks that forked out a bunch of cash for a unit that is dropping in value as I write this comment.
I think of it as kind of what Dji has done with the inspire 2. Base camera with upgrades to come, why buy a new drone when you can get a better camera?. I would like Yuneec to open the protocol and make an SDK for 3rd party cameras.

I hope that Yuneec can meet the new level of basic camera spec that has been introduced on the P4Pro. The H modular design concept must mean that they have plans for the future. The 5 motor redundancy is sure to give the H an advantage for commercial work as regulations tighten up.

I hope that Yuneec can meet the new level of basic camera spec that has been introduced on the P4Pro.

The P4Pro camera spec isn't basic - the drone costs nearly double what a standard Phantom does and the camera is not available on the other models such as the Mavic.

I'd like to see a choice of cameras in future, so those that want to spend serious money can upgrade - but the 'base model' Typhoon doesn't need to have a major upgrade.

Reactions: Ergon
Has to
The P4Pro camera spec isn't basic - the drone costs nearly double what a standard Phantom does and the camera is not available on the other models such as the Mavic.

I'd like to see a choice of cameras in future, so those that want to spend serious money can upgrade - but the 'base model' Typhoon doesn't need to have a major upgrade.
Has to be a response to the Typhoon H. I really hope Yuneec will step up to the mark, even if it costs are similar to the new P.

What's really sad is those poor souls who dumped their P4 at a loss and pre-ordered the Mavic. Many of them are still waiting for shipment and those that have received the Mavic are wishing they had waited for the P4 pro. Who knows when it will ship. I see on the other forums that lots who pre-ordered the Mavic are cancelling.

I would really like to see Yuneec demonstrate some strategic savvy and become a truly viable competitor to the 800 pound gorilla that is DJI. I really like my H, for all the same reasons you guys have discussed, and am very glad I made the purchase. It's got so much going for it and should be a great basic platform to build upon for at least a couple of years. But right now, DJI has gained and is maintaining marketing supremacy with no apparent challenge from Yuneec. We don't know what's going on at Corporate, and maybe they have lots of great things in the works. I am afraid, however, that the longer Yuneec allows DJI to dominate the marketing/public perception arena so thoroughly, the fewer new customers they will attract. Fewer customers means less revenue and that can't be sustainable. And since I'm committed to this platform I need them to be at least sustainable, if not thriving.

I subscribe to a dozen or so tech blogs, newsletters and forums apart from this one. The impression one gets from reading those outlets day-in-day-out is that DJI = "state of the art drone", and everything else is, at best, second or third best. At worst, the competition, and in particular Yuneec, is flawed, struggling and simply not up to the high standard DJI has set. One review of the Typhoon H I read yesterday came right out and said they could not recommend anyone purchase the H because it was dangerous. This latest DJI release of the Inspire 2 and P4P has been masterfully executed. Check out this marketing gem. Of particular note is the video created by a noteworthy Hollywood director using nothing but the Inspire 2. This is extremely well done, from both a tactical and a strategic perspective.

What will Yuneec's counter punch be to that? A new camera and another firmware update? Granted, the Inspire 2 is not in the same league as the H, and I'm not saying that any of the hype is true. But that's beside the point. It's the perception that DJI is creating in the minds of current and future drone consumers that matters. I've seen this same scenario play out in another tech arena and the results were disastrous for the otherwise solid challenger in the field who did not step up and produce a solid product (or suite of products) AND an aggressive and strategically savvy marketing plan to sell it and thereby take a solid share of the market from the gorilla.

Reactions: Tuna
This is what I've been saying all along improve your product improve your marketing improve your marketshare and all will be well.

Reactions: Ergon
This latest DJI release of the Inspire 2 and P4P has been masterfully executed. Check out this marketing gem. Of particular note is the video created by a noteworthy Hollywood director using nothing but the Inspire 2. This is extremely well done, from both a tactical and a strategic perspective.

Here's the problem that Yuneec has. NO ONE at Claudio's level (or at the level of a series on the big three or high end cable) is going to touch the yuneec simply because it's camera is not up to the task.

The X5R was a huge leap forward in aerial cameras when it was introduced. The X5S is a an order of magnitude better and truly a revolutionary camera. But really the typhoon H's competition is the P4P which is also an order of magnitude better than the H. Don't forget Yuneec originally claimed that the CGO3+ was to be a 100Mbps 4K camera, too bad they lied to us......

Reactions: Drone_Video
Here's the problem that Yuneec has. NO ONE at Claudio's level (or at the level of a series on the big three or high end cable) is going to touch the yuneec simply because it's camera is not up to the task.

The X5R was a huge leap forward in aerial cameras when it was introduced. The X5S is a an order of magnitude better and truly a revolutionary camera. But really the typhoon H's competition is the P4P which is also an order of magnitude better than the H. Don't forget Yuneec originally claimed that the CGO3+ was to be a 100Mbps 4K camera, too bad they lied to us......
DJI shills still trolling here show they are afraid of competition. I call it rotor envy. You have 4 and wish you had 6.

Reactions: Ergon and Tuna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop