Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crashed my Q500 4k

Reaction score
I was flying my Typhoon 4k over a body of water today and I crashed in to the water, never to be seen again . I was shocked! All could say was ****! What happened was that I slowed the forward movement by centering the right stick, I then yawed left with the left stick and while still yawing I hit the right stick to move forward. The moment I hit the right stick forward the Typhoon flipped on it side and dropped out of the sky.

I believe that the order in which executed my turn caused the instability that caused the crashed. I should not have stopped forward movement to make the yaw and then hit forward again. The lessons here are to make yaw movements while moving or to complete yaw movements (if not moving) before moving again.

I am hoping that this post saves people from suffering the same fate that I did.

I was flying my Typhoon 4k over a body of water today and I crashed in to the water, never to be seen again . I was shocked! All could say was ****! What happened was that I slowed the forward movement by centering the right stick, I then yawed left with the left stick and while still yawing I hit the right stick to move forward. The moment I hit the right stick forward the Typhoon flipped on it side and dropped out of the sky.
I believe that the order in which executed my turn caused the instability that caused the crashed. I should not have stopped forward movement to make the yaw and then hit forward again. The lessons here are to make yaw movements while moving or to complete yaw movements (if not moving) before moving again.
I am hoping that this post saves people from suffering the same fate that I did.
I don't think that is what happened. I believe an ESC failed during the flight which will cause the Q to flip. You should have a micro sd card under the battery in the ST10. The telemetry will be recorded there and will show if there was an ESC or motor failure. Check and see if there is a card there.

That sucks. Alwayd have an SD Card in your transmitter cause that becomes your Black Box when something goes wrong. Any way you can recover your Q?

Are you getting a replacement copter or giving it up as a bad job I have crashed mine but I can't wait to get it sorted sooner rather than later I WANT TO BE BACK UP IN THE AIR

I tried to flip mine on purpose and it didn't flip. I had it wide open and twisted the sticks hard but it never tilted more than about 10 degrees, if that, and I live on a hill with high winds (about 12-15 MPH that day).

You had to have gotten too close to the water and caught some sea spray in the motor, which failed, or caught a wave from below that flipped it.

Either way, water and electronics is always a bad combo. Sorry for your loss, but Lesson Learned.

Reactions: droneman48

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval