Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crashed or forgot to stop recording? Recover & Fix your corrupted / interrupted Footage!

Reaction score
After having crashed today whilst shooting some unique footage, my last video file was corrupt as it hadn't finished the recording off before dying.

This can also happen if you forget to stop recording and switch your bird off. It's a bummer when you realise you've lost that footage forever.

But wait - maybe you haven't!

Whilst there is software on the interweb which claims to recover corrupt mp4's and other types, they usually want some (or quite a bit of) money from you - and some don't even work.

There is however a nifty program called recover_mp4 - See this article for usage guidelines and download:

How to Fix Corrupted MP4 Files – The Definitive Guide

NOTE that this blog page is part of one of the websites that offers to fix your file for you at a price. You don't need that, just follow the instructions on the page.

You will need to know the basics of using the command line interface on your operating system...
You will also need to download FFMPEG which works together with recover_mp4 to restore your video.

BOTH ARE COMPLETELY FREE AND WORK VERY WELL!

I have successfully completely recovered my footage including the crash.

Hope this helps anyone else with corrupt footage!

:D

Last edited:
Reactions: 5prock3t
Crash? Did somebody say crash?

Patiently awaiting video. The confirmation of other's crashing makes me feel less inferior for my own piloting inadequacies. Thus I require copious amounts of crash footage to offset my horrendous skills lest I develop a complex of some sort. Please help keep this flyer sane by posting the crash.

After having crashed today whilst shooting some unique footage, my last video file was corrupt as it hadn't finished the recording off before dying.

This can also happen if you forget to stop recording and switch your bird off. It's a bummer when you realise you've lost that footage forever.

But wait - maybe you haven't!

Whilst there is software on the interweb which claims to recover corrupt mp4's and other types, they usually want some (or quite a bit of) money from you - and some don't even work.

There is however a nifty program called recover_mp4 - See this article for usage guidelines and download:

How to Fix Corrupted MP4 Files – The Definitive Guide

NOTE that this blog page is part of one of the websites that offers to fix your file for you at a price. You don't need that, just follow the instructions on the page.

You will need to know the basics of using the command line interface on your operating system...
You will also need to download FFMPEG which works together with recover_mp4 to restore your video.

BOTH ARE COMPLETELY FREE AND WORK VERY WELL!

I have successfully completely recovered my footage including the crash.

Hope this helps anyone else with corrupt footage!

:D
Never had much success with any, even paid for software, footage would be jumpy or just wouldn't convert. I try to be had religious as possible about stopping video now.

In my crash post a member had implied that all that is needed is a working CGO...I still havent found out what was meant or how to go about this, but Im also patient.

In other words, put your card in another woking camera for your drone, turn on the drone record for a few second, turn off recording and the corrupt file becomes un-corrupt.

In other words, put your card in another woking camera for your drone, turn on the drone record for a few second, turn off recording and the corrupt file becomes un-corrupt.
That is correct and it works for the C23 and E90 as well as the CGO cameras. If your camera is broken and you don't have access to one to close the file, you can upload the file to online storage such as Google Drive, then provide the link and a member can download the file and copy it to an sd card. Then the card is placed in a working camera. After starting and stopping a video, all the files on the card will get closed. Then the member can upload to online storage and you get a usable file back. I've done this and it works.

Crash? Did somebody say crash?
Patiently awaiting video. The confirmation of other's crashing makes me feel less inferior for my own piloting inadequacies. Thus I require copious amounts of crash footage to offset my horrendous skills lest I develop a complex of some sort. Please help keep this flyer sane by posting the crash.
Haha....you are in good company my friend. After all these years I'm still developing new ways to crash.
You have to change your perspective. It's not lack of skill. You are a test pilot. Test pilots sometimes crash. If you don't crash then you haven't fulfilled your mission. This results in the development of a new set of skills. Repairs. Ah...the life of a test pilot......:p

That is correct and it works for the C23 and E90 as well as the CGO cameras. If your camera is broken and you don't have access to one to close the file, you can upload the file to online storage such as Google Drive, then provide the link and a member can download the file and copy it to an sd card. Then the card is placed in a working camera. After starting and stopping a video, all the files on the card will get closed. Then the member can upload to online storage and you get a usable file back. I've done this and it works.
What about when you lose Fpv? Mine stops recording instantly. I take it they all do that?

What about when you lose Fpv? Mine stops recording instantly. I take it they all do that?
I've not had the video stop recording when losing the video feed on the H. I have not checked it on the H Plus. Which camera are you using when this happens?

I've not had the video stop recording when losing the video feed on the H. I have not checked it on the H Plus. Which camera are you using when this happens?
Cg o3+ happens everytime you lose Fpv. Perhaps it's a EU software difference?

Wow. I'm surprised. I'm curious if anyone else has seen this happen. Guess I could test it by blocking the antenna with some tin foil and see what happens. Sadly we have another big snow storm moving in. But I suppose it could be tested inside. No need to fly.

Wow. I'm surprised. I'm curious if anyone else has seen this happen. Guess I could test it by blocking the antenna with some tin foil and see what happens. Sadly we have another big snow storm moving in. But I suppose it could be tested inside. No need to fly.
Does it on all mine. I wonder if it's something to do with Frequency selection for the camera, it's stops video then once reestablished, it ready for the operator to start again

This trick has NOT been working for the E50. At least not my E50.

Will have to try some other tricks.

Jeff

Does it on all mine. I wonder if it's something to do with Frequency selection for the camera, it's stops video then once reestablished, it ready for the operator to start again

Just to ensure we are understanding this issue correctly... @Mrgs1, you are talking about video being recorded by the camera right, not the video captured by the ST16.

The latter I would expect to stop recording if transmission lost, but not the former.

Jeff

Just to ensure we are understanding this issue correctly... @Mrgs1, you are talking about video being recorded by the camera right, not the video captured by the ST16.

The latter I would expect to stop recording if transmission lost, but not the former.

Jeff
When you lose FPV the video stops on the card. this has always happened. When connection is reestablished, the timer is stopped, you press video and it starts recording a new file.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanigodda