Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crashed typhoon h w/4k cam. Can i repair this drone? 20 plus years of r/c experience l have

Reaction score
I recently crashed my drone. I'm a novice to piloting anything off the ground. The circumstances were pilot error. I currently have at least 15 different RC vehicles. I do my own repairs and maintenance. I'm an automotive accessory technician and metal fabricator. I also maintain and repair my own Highway vehicles. My main question is, is the typhoon h user repairable?

I recently crashed my drone. I'm a novice to piloting anything off the ground. The circumstances were pilot error. I currently have at least 15 different RC vehicles. I do my own repairs and maintenance. I'm an automotive accessory technician and metal fabricator. I also maintain and repair my own Highway vehicles. My main question is, is the typhoon h user repairable?
Pretty much all of it can be user repaired. There are a few things that would probably need to be replaced vs repaired depending on the damage. Repairs are fairly easy to do as I found out. There are also a pile of video available to help with repair on YouTube.

Pretty much all of it can be user repaired. There are a few things that would probably need to be replaced vs repaired depending on the damage. Repairs are fairly easy to do as I found out. There are also a pile of video available to help with repair on YouTube.

Attachments

• 20170611_231103.jpg
    20170611_231103.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • 20170611_231149.jpg
    20170611_231149.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
I feel confident on repairing the aircraft. The realsense and camera are where im at a loss. The craft only sustained minimal damage. It hit the top ofa block wall on the cam and realsense.

Attachments

• 20170611_230711.jpg
    20170611_230711.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
I'm will say sorry for laughing at this point as I am laughing a bit. It's the irony of having the RealSense and crashing.....glad I crashed without owning that add on. On a different note, you should be able to get everything through Yuneec, depending on where you live. There are a few drone repair/resellers that will have what you need as well. Some of the members will post the names of a few. One Stop Shop for all Aerial/UAV Products ( Carolina Dronz ) is one of them. I'm guessing there are more parts than that damaged.

I feel confident on repairing the aircraft. The realsense and camera are where im at a loss. The craft only sustained minimal damage. It hit the top ofa block wall on the cam and realsense.
That's not so bad. I ordered extra parts with my order to save for next time, but I hope there will not be a next time. Buy the complete arm if you only need a motor as there is not much difference in price, then all the rest become spare parts. Also make sure you carefully examine everything, especially the outer shell and gimbal. I missed a tiny fracture in the shell.

I'm will say sorry for laughing at this point as I am laughing a bit. It's the irony of having the RealSense and crashing.....glad I crashed without owning that add on. On a different note, you should be able to get everything through Yuneec, depending on where you live. There are a few drone repair/resellers that will have what you need as well. Some of the members will post the names of a few. One Stop Shop for all Aerial/UAV Products ( Carolina Dronz ) is one of them. I'm guessing there are more parts than that damaged.
Like i said 20 plus years of crashing expensive stuff. I didnt know all of the features i had until i crashed it. Im still laughing about it.

Reactions: Murray Martz
That's not so bad. I ordered extra parts with my order to save for next time, but I hope there will not be a next time. Buy the complete arm if you only need a motor as there is not much difference in price, then all the rest become spare parts. Also make sure you carefully examine everything, especially the outer shell and gimbal. I missed a tiny fracture in the shell.
I will post you some photos of cam tomarrow. Its at my shop. Thanks for your imput!

Like i said 20 plus years of crashing expensive stuff. I didnt know all of the features i had until i crashed it. Im still laughing about it.
I was flying in "Smart" mode, more like idiot mode. Was showing off for this pretty blonde. Brick building was in front of me, drone was facing me, I thought drone would move in the direction it faced. I started to walk toward her to say something, drone moved ahead with me, I got spooked. Still thinking the drone would move to me as it was facing me, I hit the throttle full to get away from the building........Hello Yuneec, I need some parts!

That was my second flight. Always fly in Angle mode now.

Reactions: ColFun
A fair amount of the H is modular, making parts swapping a "plug and play" type activity. If you bashed the camera pretty good and parts are hanging out you should consider calling Yuneec, explaining the situation, and have them repair it. They don't sell many parts for the camera and some parts are not repairable, requiring the camera be replaced rather than repaired. I don't know anything about the Real Sense, and that may be the same type of situation as the camera. Those pictures would be helpful in making a repair estimations.

Sorry you ran into a brick wall but thanks for being straight up in describing how it happened. Girls are always expensive;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox