Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crystal Sky FPV screen

Reaction score
Hi, I saw an ad of DJI's CrystalSky 7,2" monitor. Does anyone have experience if it's that "execellent" in daylight and bright sun as they claim. And could it be used with the ST16?
Today I use a FeelWorld 10,1" and it is as useless as the ST16 screen. :mad:

Hi, I saw an ad of DJI's CrystalSky 7,2" monitor. Does anyone have experience if it's that "execellent" in daylight and bright sun as they claim. And could it be used with the ST16?
Today I use a FeelWorld 10,1" and it is as useless as the ST16 screen. :mad:

Its easy on the eyes, clear and crisp. If I can find a similarity, it’s like my iPhone XS max, but bigger.

The Feelworld monitor is a great product but as the signal it receives from the ST-16 via HDMI is only 720p it can’t deliver any better clarity than the ST-16. Use it with something that outputs better resolution and you’ll see immediate improvement. That 720p stream is, IMO, a major design flaw with Yuneec systems.

The Feelworld monitor is a great product but as the signal it receives from the ST-16 via HDMI is only 720p it can’t deliver any better clarity than the ST-16. Use it with something that outputs better resolution and you’ll see immediate improvement. That 720p stream is, IMO, a major design flaw with Yuneec systems.
Hi PatR, do you think CrystalSky would be better than FeelWorld when connected via HDMI/720 to the ST16? That's my question..

It won’t provide any better resolution than the signal it is being fed. It might end up brighter but 720 is still going to be 720 so clarity/sharpness will still be less than we see with 1080 and up.

For those that have a 920 Plus, the 720p resolution at and from the ST-16 is what makes using manual camera focus almost impossible to achieve, regardless of the monitor used. We can’t accurately focus a high resolution camera/lens combination while looking at a lower resolution image. What starts out “fuzzy” on a 7” screen ends up looking worse on a larger screen and can’t be made sharp. Until the transmitted image is improved there can be no sharpness improvement.

Last edited:
I was hoping to save you that expense, at least until someone that flies DJI gives it a go. Those people would not end up stuck with something they could not use. I’m going to guess Dougcjohn might have a CrystalSky monitor he could try with one of his H or 920’s and let you know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal