Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Customer Service / Repair

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Pilots,
Is there any of you that .......... off about trying to talk to Customer Service / Repair as much as I'm as ? It's really bad customer service. They have had my Transmitter & CG03 Camera 3 wks. and no word from them. I called 7/10/17 and it took me a 1.5 hrs to get through. It's like after they get your money, you don't mean nothing at that point ! I doing a lot of reading before buying the Q - 5004K, & everything I read everybody were bragging on customer service, not my case. That's why I bought the Q because the customer service was suppose to be great, I've had my Q - 500 a year & a half and it's been nothing but a nightmare with customer service / Repair trying to talk to them about your Drone after they get. As for as the Q - 500, it's a great flying Drone, easy to fly & Handle. But Customer Service / Repair isn't worth a ....... Did Yuncee go through a reduce work force some months back ? Let me know what you think about Customer Service & the new Repair Line. Thanks............

They have had them three weeks or you sent them three weeks ago? Big difference. Just because you dropped something off at UPS does not mean it will be delivered the next day. Far from it, it's usually close to a week before they arrive at destination unless you paid extra for expedited delivery, which most don't do. So, let's assume Yuneec received the item two weeks ago. Was the delivery on a Friday and nobody would have done much with it with the weekend hours away. OK, now it's Monday. Do you think yours is the only stuff there? Might there be lot of stuff that got there before yours did, putting your stuff a ways down the line.

Allow at least a month from the day you send something to start getting your drawers in a wad. It took just over a month door to door for my H to be fixed and returned. It could be worse, you could still be waiting for someone to decide if they'll let you send it back yet. Despite staff reductions Yuneec still has excellent customer service. However, a few customers have no patience or comprehension of how things work. You have the option of picking up the phone and asking about progress.

Reactions: Rayray
They have had them three weeks or you sent them three weeks ago? Big difference. Just because you dropped something off at UPS does not mean it will be delivered the next day. Far from it, it's usually close to a week before they arrive at destination unless you paid extra for expedited delivery, which most don't do. So, let's assume Yuneec received the item two weeks ago. Was the delivery on a Friday and nobody would have done much with it with the weekend hours away. OK, now it's Monday. Do you think yours is the only stuff there? Might there be lot of stuff that got there before yours did, putting your stuff a ways down the line.

Allow at least a month from the day you send something to start getting your drawers in a wad. It took just over a month door to door for my H to be fixed and returned. It could be worse, you could still be waiting for someone to decide if they'll let you send it back yet. Despite staff reductions Yuneec still has excellent customer service. However, a few customers have no patience or comprehension of how things work. You have the option of picking up the phone and asking about progress.
I've taken all the above in Consideration, which some you've no account of to be speaking on ! Because you don't know what all the facts are. But I know what Customer Service should be, and holding on a Phone 1.5 hrs. to speak someone isn't good customer service no matter how you slice it. Maybe next time you need Customer Service / Repair you will get a feel of what I experienced, and will have the same outlook as I do ! Common sense will tell you that I'm not the only ones Unit there to get repaired ! Maybe you were one of the Luckily ones to get your back door to door in a month.
The staff reduction should 've maybe never occur, if the current staff can't handle the volume of repairs / and calls they're receiving, add back the staff would help resolve this problem of a long wait times, Pissed off customer isn't what they should want in this growing business. I've patience & comprehension on how things wrk. Anybody patiences run thin when there is no communication on there part on any level, other than to say we received your package. For your Information, that's what the call was about was to get a progress report. Communication with the client is the key no matter what is being Repaired or Serviced...............

You should have gotten an option, after about 5 min on hold, offering to call you back. That's what I did a few days ago and someone returned my call about an hour later.
If you think this is really rotten service then you must be new to this industry. Yuneec is one of the more reliable customer service companies. Most of the others have none at all.
All of us would like to see the day when we can call and have someone pick up the phone and take care of our issue. But....this is a very competitive market and one of the most expensive parts of doing business is warranty repairs and answering customer inquiries. That cost is built in to the cost of the product. So if the price is reduced, so is the service. I understand your frustration. It's simply the way things are today.

You should have gotten an option, after about 5 min on hold, offering to call you back. That's what I did a few days ago and someone returned my call about an hour later.
If you think this is really rotten service then you must be new to this industry. Yuneec is one of the more reliable customer service companies. Most of the others have none at all.
All of us would like to see the day when we can call and have someone pick up the phone and take care of our issue. But....this is a very competitive market and one of the most expensive parts of doing business is warranty repairs and answering customer inquiries. That cost is built in to the cost of the product. So if the price is reduced, so is the service. I understand your frustration. It's simply the way things are today.
Hey Steve, Yes I've got the option for a call back on different occasion and never got any returned. That's what's frustrating ! You try the other option with no resolves. I'm open to trying next time again to see happens. Just because I'm frustration with Customer / Repair has nothing to do with me being new to Industry. Depend of how you label new, 3 weeks, In my case 2yrs. I can't speak about the others competitors customer service, I've had no reason to deal with them. I think it could be improved in some areas, like give us a progress report, instead of 4 weeks & nothing until you try to call in and Customer Service is 82 mins. wait / and Repair is about the same, that's what Frustrating to me, and I'm patience person. Maybe my Bird will be return soon and I can get back to flying, maybe I'm have No Flying withdraws the cause of my Frustration. Safe Flying Steve

Reactions: Steve Carr
I have to agree. Email updates would help CS and the customers. I would guess half or more of their call load are inquiries about the status of a repair. I have heard they are making a lot of changes in CS and I am hopeful this will be one of them.

I have to agree. Email updates would help CS and the customers. I would guess half or more of their call load are inquiries about the status of a repair. I have heard they are making a lot of changes in CS and I am hopeful this will be one of them.
Hey Steve, All I'm saying is some Improvement need to happen for us in CS. I hope the changes you heard about come through. Maybe some of Yuncee people follow us on the forum & see some of our concerns & Frustrating ! I've seen you around the Forum for Quite sometime ! What do you Fly ? Also Is Hot Weather a Problem for flying theses Delicate machine ? The Temp. is beginning to Rise in the Mid 90's and Heat Index close to 100 where I live. I'm not wanting to fly in that extreme heat. I prefer early morning at sunrise or late evening. Just wondering what effect the heat has on the Drone if any ?

Good point, Eugene. When mine came down 2 days ago after a long flight in 102F, we were both sweating.

Hey Steve, All I'm saying is some Improvement need to happen for us in CS. I hope the changes you heard about come through. Maybe some of Yuncee people follow us on the forum & see some of our concerns & Frustrating ! I've seen you around the Forum for Quite sometime ! What do you Fly ? Also Is Hot Weather a Problem for flying theses Delicate machine ? The Temp. is beginning to Rise in the Mid 90's and Heat Index close to 100 where I live. I'm not wanting to fly in that extreme heat. I prefer early morning at sunrise or late evening. Just wondering what effect the heat has on the Drone if any ?
Heat is hard on electronics and very cold makes for short flights because of the battery. So it's a balancing thing. Morning and evening during hot weather is a good choice. Mid day sun can turn the copter into an oven inside.
I have a number of Yuneec birds and several other brands but primarily fly the H which is by far my favorite

I've taken all the above in Consideration, which some you've no account of to be speaking on ! Because you don't know what all the facts are. But I know what Customer Service should be, and holding on a Phone 1.5 hrs. to speak someone isn't good customer service no matter how you slice it. Maybe next time you need Customer Service / Repair you will get a feel of what I experienced, and will have the same outlook as I do ! Common sense will tell you that I'm not the only ones Unit there to get repaired ! Maybe you were one of the Luckily ones to get your back door to door in a month.
The staff reduction should 've maybe never occur, if the current staff can't handle the volume of repairs / and calls they're receiving, add back the staff would help resolve this problem of a long wait times, Pissed off customer isn't what they should want in this growing business. I've patience & comprehension on how things wrk. Anybody patiences run thin when there is no communication on there part on any level, other than to say we received your package. For your Information, that's what the call was about was to get a progress report. Communication with the client is the key no matter what is being Repaired or Serviced...............

Here is my story. I had the Q500K for 2 days. Took it for my first flight only about 10 feet or so to get used to it. Day 2 same thing now about 20 feet. The battery was fully charged and it just shut down and dropped damaging the camera and part of the structure. I called them after being on hold for over an hour and was told to email the flight log which I did along with copies of proof of purchase. Its now 3 weeks and still no communication from them. I noticed that one poster said that the person that started the post should not get pissed off and that they work on first come first served. What do they have 3 people on staff??? I agree the CS sucks and wish I had purchased a DJI not this china based company.

Its now 3 weeks and still no communication from them.
You need to call them again. Seems like sometimes service orders get lost in the shuffle.

I agree the CS sucks and wish I had purchased a DJI not this china based company.
DJI is also a China based company. According to most of the posts I've seen their CS is much worse. I'm still waiting for a response to the email I sent DJI 3 years ago. While it's difficult to finally speak to a tech at Yuneec, they are generally pretty helpful once you get them on the line. We are all hoping for an improvement in the phone delay situation. Most people forget that before Yuneec came into this market the DJI warranty was 30 days and it was impossible to get anything repaired under warranty so it was worthless. Yuneec came out of the gates with a 6 mo warranty and they honored it.

Reactions: Jafo and Rayray
Here is my story. I had the Q500K for 2 days. Took it for my first flight only about 10 feet or so to get used to it. Day 2 same thing now about 20 feet. The battery was fully charged and it just shut down and dropped damaging the camera and part of the structure. I called them after being on hold for over an hour and was told to email the flight log which I did along with copies of proof of purchase. Its now 3 weeks and still no communication from them. I noticed that one poster said that the person that started the post should not get pissed off and that they work on first come first served. What do they have 3 people on staff??? I agree the CS sucks and wish I had purchased a DJI not this china based company.
Hello API, I totally understand how frustrated you're ! They were suppose to have some improvement coming about with CS, but I've not seen any yet. The part that get's me ! They get your Drone and you never hear anything, until you get on the phone & hold for 1.5 hrs. or more trying to talk to someone ! I hope I never have to use there service anymore ! ! ! If my Drone has to have some repairs, I will find another Vendor regardless of the warranty ! By the time you get it back from them, the warranty is almost exhausted anyway. Maybe that's there Plan is to exhausted all the warranty ! ! ! You got to stay on them is what I found that works, I finally got mines back after 3 1/2 months, they had it longer than I Did. Good Lucky API, keep me posted.....

I had to call them because I was stupid and crashed ....my fault . The wait was like 1hr so I decided to let them call me back . I received a call 20 min later . The lady was really helpful . Since it couldn't be worked out on the phone , which the call lasted probably 15 - 20 min she set up a drone repair shop . She set up the email and paper work for me and the repair shop . I thought the CS was great .

Reactions: Jafo and Steve Carr
I had to call them because I was stupid and crashed ....my fault . The wait was like 1hr so I decided to let them call me back . I received a call 20 min later . The lady was really helpful . Since it couldn't be worked out on the phone , which the call lasted probably 15 - 20 min she set up a drone repair shop . She set up the email and paper work for me and the repair shop . I thought the CS was great .
What Repair shop did they give you ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430