Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Dashware and Typhoon H

jda

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get dashware to work in Win 7? UAV Toolbox says their telemetry files will work, but I keep getting an error when I try to load them in Dashware.

Let me know what error you're getting. Recent versions of Dashware crash or throw errors when processing Typhoon video files on my PC. I've gone through their support multiple times, but have not been able to get it working on a number of different machines. If you can get it to process the video, the files from UAV Toolbox should work (so long as you've installed and selected the Dashware profile supplied with the app).

I get an error when I try to add the Telemetry data file. The error says
Data Logger File Error
Error using data profile 'YuneecTyphoonH' to read data logger file '<file directory>Telemetry_<number>.csv':
Error locating required column(s):
You must map a data column to the "<Required> \ Data Running Time, Seconds" data type.

The grey parts depend on the file I select. And the 'YuneecTyphoonH' profile is the xml file supplied in the app and put in the DataProfiles location of Dashware. When I prepare the data with the tool then I don't get this error message.
The import of the video files works at my PC without any problems.

OK, thanks for the bug report. I'll take a look at the profile and sort out an updated version. It looks like the new version of Dashware has changed something somewhere...

As a work around you can also extract telemetry from UAV Toolbox as a GPX file and I believe that will import into Dashware using one of their standard profiles.

I tried it some days ago and also got the error. You need to convert the log files by using the tool "q500log2kml": h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml.zip. In the tool you need to select dash as output. Even the tool is called Q500 but works fine also with the Typhoon H.
Hope this helps
I converted the files using this program and used the typhoon h profile from UAV Toolbox. It loaded ok into dashware but would not let me sync the data to the video. The data slider was all the way to the right and would not move. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

OK, thanks for the bug report. I'll take a look at the profile and sort out an updated version. It looks like the new version of Dashware has changed something somewhere...

As a work around you can also extract telemetry from UAV Toolbox as a GPX file and I believe that will import into Dashware using one of their standard profiles.
That's the same error I get. I tried the GPX file with several different profiles and still could not get it to work

I converted the files using this program and used the typhoon h profile from UAV Toolbox. It loaded ok into dashware but would not let me sync the data to the video. The data slider was all the way to the right and would not move. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
OK, I figured out the problem. The typhoon H profile from UAV Toolbox will not work in dashware. You have to
download profile "Yuneec Q500 v1.5" from
ST2Dash der Flightlog Konverter für die ST10+/Q500 - Drohnen-Forum.de - Quadrocopter, Multicopter und FPV. This profile will work for the H.

Reactions: jda
I wonder is it something tuna could perhaps make work dashware in the toolbox that would be a awesome UAV toolbox

I demonstrated an ST-16 app that could edit and overlay videos a while back, but there wasn't enough interest to fully develop it.

This video was fully edited and colour graded on the controller (including the split screen effect)

I demonstrated an ST-16 app that could edit and overlay videos a while back, but there wasn't enough interest to fully develop it.

This video was fully edited and colour graded on the controller (including the split screen effect)

Brilliant tuna is their a chance this could be added on a future update

Looks great! I wish you could've fully developed it.

I seriously considered completing it, but it's easily a couple of month's development and the level of interest shown has just not been high enough to justify the work, I'm afraid. An easy to use, robust video editor is quite a challenge to develop. :)

Thanks Tuna and understand it's not a couple of hours work is their a way to have dashware on the ST16 as my PC is to old to use dashware

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytingarden1