Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Dashware - Is anybody using it?

Reaction score
OK, I've got my upgraded ST10+ and I've got my Yuneec Q500 4K. The last piece of the puzzle is Dashware to imbed GPS coordinates into my videos. I use the drone for search and rescue of lost R/C planes. Spotting a plane in a corn field, sea of weeds or woods is one thing. Tracking it down would be much easier with coordinates. So, is anyone using Dashware? Do I need to load anything special on the sd card in the TX?
I know that my Windows 10 PVC can't read the card in the TX but I have another PC that runs Windows 7 so that should work.

The telemetry files in the ST10 are simply comma delimited text files, so they can be read by many devices. I suspect there are some tutorials on Youtube which would help you get set up with Dashware. In the past when I needed the coordinates immediately, I just snapped a cell phone picture of the ST10 screen to record the location. Dashware is added during the editing phase of the video on your pc, so it's not immediately available.

My Windows 10 can read the SD-Card from the ST10+ via micro USB cable. It should be possible somehow. Try a USB2 connector instead of USB3 (blue). Sometimes Windows is a little bit "capricious" with USB3.0...

Here is a workflow for DashWare:
Step 1: Prepare Dashware (only once the first time):
• download and install latest Dashware from Dashware Download - DashWare
• download profile "Yuneec Q500 v1.5" from
ST2Dash der Flightlog Konverter für die ST10+/Q500 - Drohnen-Forum.de - Quadrocopter, Multicopter und FPV
• unzip "Yuneec Q500 v1.5.xml" and copy it to the Profile directory of Dashware: %HOMEPATH%\Documents\DashWare\DataProfiles\
• restart Dashware. Now the new profile for Yuneec telemetry data from ST2DASH or q500log2kml is available every time you use Dashware. Done.

Step 2: Convert telemetry file to Dashware format that fits the profile:
• download and install "q500log2kml" from here:
http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.zip
• read the description (OK, this you have done at this point)
• select Data conversion output format "dashw.csv" in tab "Settings"
• convert all the telemetry data of real flights in one step to Dashwarefiles by click on Convert

Step 3: Use video files and fitting converted Dashwarefile (i.e. Telemetry000xxdashw.csv):
• start Dashware - create a new project
• add one or more video files (I guess Dashware cannot use 4k videos, it must be downsized)
• add converted Dashwarefile (i.e. Telemetry000xxdashw.csv) as data logger file
• select "Yuneec Q500 v1.5" as relating profile
• synchronize telemetry/video and do all the stuff that you want to do with your project...

br HE

I found this video which seems to explain how everything works pretty clearly.
Is that still the correct information? Where can I download the file he calls My ChromaKey"?

Thanks

Reactions: robbie2
I think that I have my terms confused. I'm just trying to find the gauge layout template that the guy is using in his video. It shows latitude /longitude, altitude, speed, vertical speed, heading

Yes, the video describes the workflow very well. Only the Q500 profile is now V1.5 instead of V1.4.
st2dash produces thw same output format as q500log2kml but only for one file. You have to do this file by file. Q500log2kml can do this as a batch for all files that contains flights. You can use one of the two tools that fits your needs.

Templates are self defined settings of the gauges and you can give it a name. I guess he has a Blade Chroma and made his template for it. Blade Chroma has the same telemetry format as Q500 or Typhoon H or H920. This workflow can be used for all of them.

br HE

I just figured out a bit about the gauge menu and set up a template to use. Easier than I thought but not as good looking as his.
Now to find a nice enough day to go outside. It's sunny here but around 35 degrees F. Too cold for my hands

Reactions: h-elsner
Ok guys needing advice what operating system does dashware work on my old pc is running Windows xp and can't use dashware so am looking at buying a Panasonic tough book so what operating system will I need

My version of Dashware already vas v1.5 loaded. I'm having trouble with ST2Dash. The converted files are empty. Since it is all in German, I'm not sure that I am downloading the right application to convert the files.

DashWare version should be 1.9.1 (latest).
Profile for Q500 version is "Yuneec Q500 v1.5.xml".
st2dash.exe is very easy to use:
st2dash_gui.png
Telemetry file (CSV file) should not be destroyed (i.e by Excel). Only original file from Q500 flightlog shall be used.

Also see post #3.

br HE

What is a good project template that shows latitude and longitude positioning throughout the flight?

Got it. I successfully synchronized a video with data. I'm looking for lost objects, model airplanes. The Latitude is 41.7816 and longitude is -88.3963. Can I get more precision in the locations? More digits?
The downed plane is at the 2 minute mark,

Last edited:
Have you put those coordinates into Google Earth? Even following them on the ground should put you close enough to find anything larger than a cell phone within 5 minutes. There's a house not far away from there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop