Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Dashware won't play ball...

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone here can kindly help me out with this interesting little problem I am having with Dashware...

All the 'regular' gauges work for me - GPS map, altitude, speed etc - no problems there, but I am trying to get a readout of some more Typhoon H-specific parameters, namely the ones highlighted red in the screenshot below... I have converted the telemetry using the excellent Q500log.exe, and (AFAIK) I am using the correct xml when I import it.

DW1.JPG

I've called that box Typhoon H infoset A, and you can see it on the right there in the Project Gauges.

I am aware that the reason this doesn't work for most initially is that they haven't set their inputs properly, but I think I have, as seen below...

DW2.JPG

These data values were selectable from the drop-down list, so I guess Dashware is finding / accepting the column headings in the data OK.

Here's some of my settings for the gauge itself...

DW3.JPG

Yet although it all looks like it's linked up properly, the values in that box just WILL NOT change as the flight plays back - they never leave their default values !

It's driving me a bit nuts, and I've been trying to solve it for hours, but I am going round in circles ! What could I be doing wrong ? :)

To get access to the values in the data colums of the Typhoon H, I think you need to edit the profile XML file. It's readable and can be changed by a simple text editor.
There is a section for calculations and a section for column mappings. I guess, most of the columns in the telemetry file will be simply ignored by the profile.

I never did it, simply used the predefined profile, cause I did not dive too deep into that. I hope DashWare offers agood description how to create/edit a profile XML.
The converter to dashware takes all columns transparent and adds some computed like distance. All other stuff is a profile <-> DashWare thing.

br HE

Last edited:
Reactions: AeroJ
Thanks for the info HE. I don't know what to do with that XML file, so I guess I've hit a bit of a dead end there - the manual is woefully sparse on the subject ! I did see some YT video where someone had got it working, and asked in the comments, but no reply...

DashWare has a build-in Profile Editor. You can load an existing profile (usually read-only) and make a copy of it to work with and try something. Here you can see what calculators and computed colums exists and how it works. Then you could try to add something on your own wishes.

Sorry, I cannot go deeper for this. I use dashware only a little. It's just a proposal how you can possibly go on.

br HE

Reactions: AeroJ
Thanks a million there HE, that gave me enough of a push in the right direction to be able to sort it out - because I am only trying to display numbers, I only need to add the columns into the Column Mapping section in the Profile editor (no calculation alterations required), and Boom - suddenly it's all working !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech