Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

DataPilot v2.1.22 Crashing

Reaction score
I thought it was an intermittent problem, but now after using it for a while now it seems that, whenever I turn off the H520E with the new version of DataPilot v2.1.22 still running on the ST16E, DP crashes. Anyone else having this issue? All other hardware and software updates have been applied.

I have not had data pilot crash on me when changing out my flight batteries with the st16e still on. when I did the 7 test flights 9-11-21

No crashing here with the RTK. We've got about 30 missions on DPv2 now and all of our missions are multi-battery. I keep hearing people ask about the US group and there is no official US group as of about 5 years ago when the H520 v1 finished beta testing. There is a group out there ramping up but it is not advertised. We'll see if they ever do. I'm working with them on some bugs but it's obviously not a primary concern right now. China is also aware of our problems now and a few of the issues should be resolved in the next DPv2 release.

No crashing here with the RTK. We've got about 30 missions on DPv2 now and all of our missions are multi-battery. I keep hearing people ask about the US group and there is no official US group as of about 5 years ago when the H520 v1 finished beta testing. There is a group out there ramping up but it is not advertised. We'll see if they ever do. I'm working with them on some bugs but it's obviously not a primary concern right now. China is also aware of our problems now and a few of the issues should be resolved in the next DPv2 release.
They just released v2.2.7. I haven’t had a chance to try it, but Terrance is speculating that may be part of the update.

They just released v2.2.7. I haven’t had a chance to try it, but Terrance is speculating that may be part of the update.
Please do and I will as well this morning. I am meeting up with the VP of the new US group tomorrow at the Energy Drone & Robotics Summit in Houston so I want to take advantage of the face-to-face. Can you also verify flight configuration accuracy?

Setup your flight letting the algorithm set the speed. Set an AGL and front lap that reports a 1.8-2 second interval. Note the estimated duration. Observe the actual flight speed and interval actually used in flight. I have been seeing 1.0-1.5sec shutter and 22mph.

Copy the mission and then check the box to manually set the speed until the interval reports the same interval. It will probably be somewhere around 12mph. Note the estimated flight duration, fly and note the actual duration.

@vr-pilot @terrence davidson

Please do and I will as well this morning. I am meeting up with the VP of the new US group tomorrow at the Energy Drone & Robotics Summit in Houston so I want to take advantage of the face-to-face. Can you also verify flight configuration accuracy?

Setup your flight letting the algorithm set the speed. Set an AGL and front lap that reports a 1.8-2 second interval. Note the estimated duration. Observe the actual flight speed and interval actually used in flight. I have been seeing 1.0-1.5sec shutter and 22mph.

Copy the mission and then check the box to manually set the speed until the interval reports the same interval. It will probably be somewhere around 12mph. Note the estimated flight duration, fly and note the actual duration.

@vr-pilot @terrence davidson
Sorry, wasn't able to do this yesterday. Other work got in the way. I hope to be able to get out there sometime this week. This is a work drone, so I'm only able to fly it for that purpose. The battery meltdown seems like an important issue too. If you get a chance, please bring that up to him too.

Reactions: chascoadmin
Sorry, wasn't able to do this yesterday. Other work got in the way. I hope to be able to get out there sometime this week. This is a work drone, so I'm only able to fly it for that purpose. The battery meltdown seems like an important issue too. If you get a chance, please bring that up to him too.

No problem. I haven't had any issues with the RC or DP crashing but am still bringing it up. I figure the longer the laundry list the longer we can keep engaged.

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis