Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Dedicated smartphone only for the Breeze

Reaction score
Using your smartphone as a controller for the Breeze is a great thing, but I have noticed that many of the problems that occur during the flight could come from the fact that your phone is also connected to a 3G/4G network, there are interferences with other known wifi networks (it happens to me when at home), you receive notifications or there are other apps running in the background.
So I have thought that maybe I could find an affordable phone with 5ghz wifi and dedicate it only to the Breeze. This way I could reduce to a minimum the possibility of having a problem during the flight.
Has anyone considered this? (I suppose I am not the first one) Any thoughts on an affordable phone with a good 5ghz wifi range? :)

Reactions: Kybipix
Using your smartphone as a controller for the Breeze is a great thing, but I have noticed that many of the problems that occur during the flight could come from the fact that your phone is also connected to a 3G/4G network, there are interferences with other known wifi networks (it happens to me when at home), you receive notifications or there are other apps running in the background.
So I have thought that maybe I could find an affordable phone with 5ghz wifi and dedicate it only to the Breeze. This way I could reduce to a minimum the possibility of having a problem during the flight.
Has anyone considered this? (I suppose I am not the first one) Any thoughts on an affordable phone with a good 5ghz wifi range? :)

I have done just this. For the price of a breeze I bought a sony xperia z3. A new white (matching the breeze) unbranded Z3 is available vor 304 €. Secondhand you might get it cheaper.
Why a Z3? Yuneec mentioned this smartphone specifically as fit for the purpose. This goes with my experience: Good WiFi range, fast bind and average to good video quality.

No issues with iOS devices. They all work great. There's a thread here on the topic that Frillen started in February.

Yuneec Breeze - Phone/Tablet wifi compatibility list

It can be tough to find a low priced Android that does 5 Ghz and I hear there are even issues with the Google Pixel.

Old Man Photographer uses a Moto G4 I believe. Not the G4 Play which I have. I just checked Amazon US and it's at $150 for Prime Members.

No issues with iOS devices. They all work great. There's a thread here on the topic that Frillen started in February.

Yuneec Breeze - Phone/Tablet wifi compatibility list

It can be tough to find a low priced Android that does 5 Ghz and I hear there are even issues with the Google Pixel.

Old Man Photographer uses a Moto G4 I believe. Not the G4 Play which I have. I just checked Amazon US and it's at $150 for Prime Members.

I also use a Moto G4 and that does seem to work well with the Breeze. The G4 Play version does not support 5 Ghz WiFi. When I fly, I set the phone to Airplane mode and set WiFi to "Forget" my home network. So far, no problem.

Reactions: FLYXLSA
I have an OPPO R9s running Android 6 it has 2.4/5Ghz wifi but won't connect to the Breeze. I finally found an old iPhone 5 which I haven't put a sim in and it does the job.

Connecting to the Breeze can be a PITA but I persevere and it normally gets there after a few go's.

Folks, what would you say is best practice for connection stability in IOS from the following list

No sim card
Flight mode enabled, then activate wifi and bluetooth for controller
Restart phone before each flight
Location services turned off - saw this on youtube but haven't tried it.

Anything else?

I believe the new Amazon Fire HD tablets have dual band wifi, but I have no idea if they would run the app. At best, it would probably have to be side loaded or a google playstore patch installed on the tablet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone