Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Defective E90 and dealer can't help

Reaction score
Well I spent $4200 with Vertigo for an H520 bundle including E90 camera. The rubber shock absorbers are torn on the gimbal and leaking grease all over the camera. This was after 4 flights, no crashes. Vertigo says that Yuneec won't let them service H520 and I have deal with Yuneec directly. Sent them email and had no reply for over a week. Current wait time on hold is 66 minutes. I have over 4 grand invested in something a month old that I can't use. Losing $600 a day. This is a commercial product getting no support from dealer or manufacturer. Hope someone there will see this. UPDATE: After being on hold for almost 45 minutes a recording comes on "sorry there are no available agents to take your call. Good bye." and then dial tone. Update 2: they hang up the calls on hold when they go to lunch noon to 1pm Pacific time. Update 3: they are sending me new dampners which are filled with silicone grease apparently.

Last edited:
What bad luck, mate. To me from Yuneec Europe on the third day of work I have been answered by e-mail.

From what you're saying, it looks like they want to fix it themselves.

See if you can fix it soon. Good luck :)

Makes me a little hesitant about pulling the trigger for one. Still waiting for solid information on the CGO-ET working with it. I hope you get this worked out. I know if I were to spend $4200 I would expect better service than you seem to have gotten.

Reactions: Jacansel
This, an early fly away, one that went for a swim, and no camera comparisons is why I did not “pull the trigger”. There’s little coming from Yuneec that’s providing purchase justification beyond the ability to load maps and waypoints. That’s not a $4000.00 value.

Reactions: ginger
Just joining this forum from Inspirepilots.com as just sold our Inspire 2, and cancelled by phantom pro 4 black order to look at the H520 - all im seeing is similar problems here as I did with DJI - is it because its been rushed out perhaps for Christmas ? This is an issue with this model or is it Yuneec in general, I have no prior experience with them?

Like anything new wait about a year and hopefully most of the bugs are ironed out.:mad: By then Yuneec will be bankrupt if they keep this up!:( Need us Yanks and folks across the pond to manufacture this instead, we can do so much better!

Well I spent $4200 with Vertigo for an H520 bundle including E90 camera. The rubber shock absorbers are torn on the gimbal and leaking grease all over the camera. This was after 4 flights, no crashes. Vertigo says that Yuneec won't let them service H520 and I have deal with Yuneec directly. Sent them email and had no reply for over a week. Current wait time on hold is 66 minutes. I have over 4 grand invested in something a month old that I can't use. Losing $600 a day. This is a commercial product getting no support from dealer or manufacturer. Hope someone there will see this. UPDATE: After being on hold for almost 45 minutes a recording comes on "sorry there are no available agents to take your call. Good bye." and then dial tone. Update 2: they hang up the calls on hold when they go to lunch noon to 1pm Pacific time. Update 3: they are sending me new dampners which are filled with silicone grease apparently.
@Koala I had the same thing today with Yuneec US and Vertigo Drones.
I reported my yaw problem (see separate post) in case I needed a new part / ST16S, etc and I also raised a ticket with Yuneec US (as I registered the product with them). My thinking was, I inform the company I bought it from, and I inform the company that made it.

Yuneec said to contact Vertigo as I'm in NZ and they can't work with someone outside the US.

Vertigo told me they are not able to service their H520 customers any more and contact Yuneec.

So now I'm in limbo if anything else goes wrong.

Worse, I'm trying to use the H520 commercially, as it's a 'commercial' drone, but after 3 efforts to contact Yuneec about options to have it supported in Australasia, I've had no reply at all, from either Yuneec US, Yuneec UK or Yuneec China.

Not feeling the love...

Reactions: Brian Mackey
unless you go with there yes service program your out of luck yuneec blocked all vendors from working on h520 for warrenty work if you are not a yes member.

Reactions: Jacansel
Try calling Terrestrial Imaging, however, they might well have the same problem with dealing with an out of country return shipment. I suspect that might be caused by government export regulations. We can import all the UAS technology we want but exports are tightly controlled, even if it was made out of country.

Where are you mate in? With a name like Koala. I was wondering if you were down here like me.

I also thought that they have you a couple of extra dampners in the E90 box.
You can look at my first impressions post... See the photos on the dampners.

unless you go with there yes service program your out of luck yuneec blocked all vendors from working on h520 for warrenty work if you are not a yes member.
Terrence, I have just heard the same thing, and that it's Yuneec trying to milk profit.
Surely it's not legal.
If a product is defective in some way, then under its standard warranty (not any purchased extended warranty) the product can be returned for replacement, refurbishment or the like.
That's standard consumer protection / law.
Otherwise it's coercing purchasers to have to pay extra for what they're legally entitled to.

Terrence, I have just heard the same thing, and that it's Yuneec trying to milk profit.
Surely it's not legal.
If a product is defective in some way, then under its standard warranty (not any purchased extended warranty) the product can be returned for replacement, refurbishment or the like.
That's standard consumer protection / law.
Otherwise it's coercing purchasers to have to pay extra for what they're legally entitled to.

The "catch" here is that they don't deny you your rights, they simply apply it in the mainland headquarters. In my case in Europe it is in Germany where it is located. With Typhoon H this meant a period of 18 days. Now I don't know, I'll talk about it.

Then, depending on the laws of each country, it is the seller who has to take care of the process. You send the product to the seller and he will take care of the warranty. In my case for not having the product even 24h (when I detect the fault) I am entitled to exchange for a new one. The problem is the dealer where I bought it has no more and still have not received the new units so it is time to wait.

At least here it's like that, in each one's country it would be a matter of looking at it.

In any case it is not clear at all, then maybe they put a technical service in each country or not. It's a little confusing, not even the distributors know it....

Reactions: journeyman
I had a similar terrible experience with Yuneec''s customer service. I won't go into detail, but took them 2 weeks to tell me via email that they would not warrantee my fly away, as it had a minor hard touchdown and telemetry did not show the fly away. I will not pull the trigger on the H 520 anytime soon of ever. It is a shame, now that I have rebuilt my Typhoon H and got her flying right, she is a good bird, but I would not drop that kind of coin on a company that will not support the product in a timely manner. Typhoon needs to know that are shooting themselves in the foot in this regard. And please, I don't want to hear from anyone about how bad everyother company's customer service is as an excuse for their bad service, a bad benchmark is a bad benchmark.

I have constant problems with Yuneec also. Been sent to CA twice with no resolution Sent it Vertigo twice now and they have it for a simple repair. What have I learned? Terrible customer service

This, an early fly away, one that went for a swim, and no camera comparisons is why I did not “pull the trigger”. There’s little coming from Yuneec that’s providing purchase justification beyond the ability to load maps and waypoints. That’s not a $4000.00 value.

+1

Just a new and more expensive nightmare..

Just a thought here.

I'm saddened to read all these reports of bad customer service. I am in Australia and I bought a Q500 4K about 4 months ago. Touch wood - I have had zero problems with it so far and really love it. But I worry that if I ever have an issue then I'm going to be on my own. I have insurance so if it crashes or flies away I am covered from that perspective.

Maybe it would be a good idea to email or get in touch somehow with the Yuneec CEO in the US to outline all of these customer service issues and bring them to his attention.

Never know, maybe he lives in some kind of a vacuum and has no idea this is happening or is being sold a story from within Yuneec that everything is peaches and cream.

Just a thought here.

I'm saddened to read all these reports of bad customer service. I am in Australia and I bought a Q500 4K about 4 months ago. Touch wood - I have had zero problems with it so far and really love it. But I worry that if I ever have an issue then I'm going to be on my own. I have insurance so if it crashes or flies away I am covered from that perspective.

Maybe it would be a good idea to email or get in touch somehow with the Yuneec CEO in the US to outline all of these customer service issues and bring them to his attention.

Never know, maybe he lives in some kind of a vacuum and has no idea this is happening or is being sold a story from within Yuneec that everything is peaches and cream.
It’s a great sentiment but yuneec knows what they are doing they have screwed over so many people it’s not funny. They have a new ceo. And nothing has changed.

Aaron,

It appears you now have an exclusive Yuneec importer/dealer in Australia. I have a hunch you’ll find Haydn a pretty good guy to deal with. One thing I know is that dealers get faster response from Yuneec than general customers do. I’ve seen how that works in action. I’ve had off line talks with Hadyn and find him to be a straight up guy.

If I had a 520 here in the U.S. the first call I would make about service after Yuneec would be to Terrestrial Imaging. Second would be CarolinaDronz. I know there are things Terrestrial can do that others can’t.

Reactions: Haydn
Hi everyone.
Just get hold of Hayden, who has a good reputation here in Australia.
He is grass roots, aviates, navigates, communicates, administrates.
Best way to handle Yuneec global is put them on notice, but present your claim based on international equity, common law aspects.

Reactions: Haydn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval