Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Descend completely unresponsive with gps on?

Reaction score
So i flew around just fine for 5 minutes. up down all around just fine then I brought it close to do the hand catch like I always do and it won't go down at all. tried and tried...flicked the joystick up and down to try to fix a sticky pot and nothing. It would go up just fine but nothing down. can someone look at my telemetry data. I forget which file it is...thanks in advance

So i flew around just fine for 5 minutes. up down all around just fine then I brought it close to do the hand catch like I always do and it won't go down at all. tried and tried...flicked the joystick up and down to try to fix a sticky pot and nothing. It would go up just fine but nothing down. can someone look at my telemetry data. I forget which file it is...thanks in advance

So curious... how did you end up getting it down? Wait for battery depletion, pulsing the red motor arm button for controlled incremental descent, or a butterfly net? (Sorry... couldn’t resist the last option!)

If there is, in fact, a problem with J1 then fly it back out about 100' and try Home mode. That will usually bring it in to land.
Does your H have RealSense installed?
To upload the telemetry find the highest numbered telemetry file. That will be your last flight. Copy it to your computer, add a .txt to the end of the file name and then you can upload it here. Also you will need to upload the remote file with the same number. Use the same method to upload it here. We need the remote file in order to see what the sticks are doing.

I did not have a camera fitted and did not have an sd card in the remote. are the files still there?

I did not have a camera fitted and did not have an sd card in the remote. are the files still there?
The camera doesn't matter. The telemetry is stored in the ST16 memory and not on an sd card, so all the files will be there. Turn on the ST16, connect it to your computer using the USB charging cable. The files are in the FlightLog directory.

The camera doesn't matter. The telemetry is stored in the ST16 memory and not on an sd card, so all the files will be there. Turn on the ST16, connect it to your computer using the USB charging cable. The files are in the FlightLog directory.

Attachments

• Remote_00091.txt
    480.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Telemetry_00091.txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: Steve Carr
So curious... how did you end up getting it down? Wait for battery depletion, pulsing the red motor arm button for controlled incremental descent, or a butterfly net? (Sorry... couldn’t resist the last option!)
I had to switch off gps and "actually fly" it. It was quite windy and I was out of practice so it was a little nerve racking. I usually catch it as well so landing on the ground was maybe the 1st or 2nd time ever with the H.
I was afraid to hit the red button. Does pulsing it actually work and if so how much drop between on and off cycles?

Did a quick review and J1 is working normally from what I could see. The only thing that stands out is the altimeter which drifted during the flight and showed -5.3 meters on landing. That may simply be caused by the temp inside the H changing during the flight. It appears that turning off the GPS allowed you to descend. Since you don't have RealSense on this bird I see no reason why it would not descend normally.
If this has only occurred on a single flight I wouldn't be terribly concerned. Occasional anomalies can happen. If you are taking the H from a warm vehicle into colder weather you might want to let it adjust to the temp for several minutes before installing the battery. That might help the altimeter stabilize.

The red button landing works well as long as you are under 4-5'. If you are higher then it's better to fly back out and use Home to bring it in.

Did a quick review and J1 is working normally from what I could see. The only thing that stands out is the altimeter which drifted during the flight and showed -5.3 meters on landing. That may simply be caused by the temp inside the H changing during the flight. It appears that turning off the GPS allowed you to descend. Since you don't have RealSense on this bird I see no reason why it would not descend normally.
If this has only occurred on a single flight I wouldn't be terribly concerned. Occasional anomalies can happen. If you are taking the H from a warm vehicle into colder weather you might want to let it adjust to the temp for several minutes before installing the battery. That might help the altimeter stabilize.

The red button landing works well as long as you are under 4-5'. If you are higher then it's better to fly back out and use Home to bring it in.

So it looks like it just momentarily kills the motors. When I hand catch it I don't recall it doing that but i never have just pushed it without keeping it down. I have not had this bird out for several months and only 2-3 times total so I will just keep an eye on it i guess. I got it for a back up anyway but would like to keep up functional. Is there anywhere that explains what all the columns headings are and what data they contain?

So it looks like it just momentarily kills the motors. When I hand catch it I don't recall it doing that but i never have just pushed it without keeping it down. I have not had this bird out for several months and only 2-3 times total so I will just keep an eye on it i guess. I got it for a back up anyway but would like to keep up functional. Is there anywhere that explains what all the columns headings are and what data they contain?
Anytime you have a bird in storage the GPS is going to be outdated because the sats move to different locations. If I haven't flown for awhile, I let the H sit for about 12 minutes before starting the motors. That gives the GPS time to finish updating. Don't just go by the sat count on the display. That can be misleading. The wait period also applies after doing a firmware update or traveling several hundred miles.

This is a starting point for telemetry. To read it better, click on the second row and the select Freeze under the Window menu.

Reactions: rdonson

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace