Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Desperate To See Her Fly Again!

Reaction score
Im flying every day and the bird is flawless. I though that I'de check out this GUI and see how it works. Read the threads, and followed instructions, but when I reached in to the case the Q500 4k came in, the USB communication adapter I grabbed , was some sort of homemade jobber. It was not Yuneec OEM. LOL Set everything up, so I thought, and when I plugged my bird in and turned it on, it wasn't hard to figure out I screwed up somehow. The led's went nuts, weird melody, a loud chirp, and then 3 beeps and my bird shut off. She was never the same. I turned it on, and it went through the initialization that I was used to, but My transmitter didn't see the bird. I bought the right cable, and thought maybe the GUI could tell me what I fried in the bird, but it wouldnt connect. I've programmed, operated, and repaired Trumpf Lasers, and Flow water jet's for years, so I was pretty confident that I could screw things up worse then I had. I opened the bird and found no obvious burns, but I did find that the GPS board's battery was dead. I replaced the battery to exact specs., fired up the bird, and Whaa Laa!. Everything was back to normal........once. I have since found that the homemade cable's power polarity was inverted. I can put the bird in bind mode, and 2 out of 5 times, the model and camera will bind. When they do however, the bird's led's indicate that it stays in bind no green. Just the quick flashing orange or yellow indicator. Any of the many Guru's here ,that might tell me what to check next, I would be forever in your debt.
Thanks

PS I have since learned that while I was told I bought a Typhoon Q500 4k, and I did, the camera is not a 3, but a 2. And the transmitter is not a ST10+, but a ST10. But everything worked great until I plugged in that cord. Thanks for taking the time to read, and possibly help this Newbie

Reactions: Twowingers
The CGO2 is white and the 4k is black and the name plates have the type of camera. The ST10 will work just fine but don't do any firmware updates. If you install the ST10+ firmware it will brick the ST10.
So once you successfully bind the the ST10 and the Q does it stay bound after you power cycle everything?
I would suggest deleting the current model on the ST10 and create and name a new model and then try the binding again.
As far as the GUI, did you download the driver and install it?

Thanks for the info Steve. Steve Im not exactly sure which driver to install. It doesntr hold bind. The bird's led';s never go solid green . It just stays in bind. The camera goes gfreen .

Thanks for the info Steve. Steve Im not exactly sure which driver to install. It doesntr hold bind. The bird's led';s never go solid green . It just stays in bind. The camera goes gfreen .
There is a link on the opening page of the GUI for the driver. You just need to select the one for your operating system. If you are using Win10 that could be a problem.
To create a new model follow this video:

Update! Tried everything to connect. Could my receiver have gone out. Windows 7 shows new hardware when I connect, but no specific descriptor.Tried to update driver, pointed at driver location but nothing excepted. If I click on GUI Preview, the com port 3 locks on and Im able to enter the GUI but there is no data . Im replacing the GPS board because the battery is still dead.

I'm not so sure it's a battery. It may be but I can't imagine why it would be needed. It's not like there's an Eprom on the board that I recall.
In the GUI... down in the Left corner does it show "Connected" and green when the Q is hooked up ?
Down in the Right corner, click on "GUI Preview" and see if the GUI gives you the fake access (if it does you'll know what I mean) to the program.
If anything, you may consider a new receiver but you should be able to figure out a way to test it first.
Confirm your making a good connection with the GUI. Tell us about the "Connected" message in the lower left corner of the GUI.
What do you see there ??

Added.... do you see the Adapter in "Windows Device manager" when you plug it in ? No Q connected or needed yet.

The lower left corner says disconnected, and the lower right does give me fake access
no adapter visible, com port 3 becomes active when i plug the bird in im betting im loading the driver incorrectly, but you click on update and point it to the correct inf.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt