Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Different CGO 3 mounts

CraigCam

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
My recently purchased second H had a Carolina Dronz lanyard stuffed into the little box that had the SD card and USB cable in it originally. This caused me to wonder if this one had been purchased or repaired there. My first test flight, I checked how the gimbal behaved in descent (one of the most demanding jobs of the gimbal for holding steady is descent with camera angled down) and observed some shake often referred to as "jello". One of the advantages of the H is that jello is super rare. The only time I've gotten it was one I had some dampeners come loose.

So I grabbed out the gimbal and camera on the second unit and discovered it had completely different rubber dampeners and the mounting plate that is flatter to accommodate the longer rubber. I searched the Carolina Dronz site and sure enough, that's what they sell as the replacement camera mount set. That is not the same set up as the OEM I have nor what I purchased from local hobby shop in Yuneec packaging.

So there are two different camera mounts for the CGO and the H and one is definitely less steady and that's the longer ones. I immediately knew it was the wrong plate because I went around and around with Yuneec back in November over this issue and they maintained there is only one correct part for the gimbal mount but there are clearly two styles available. If you are experiencing jello and have the rubber dampeners that have ridges on them and a tooth pattern to the flat top and bottom then you will get shake. The OEM with the shorter stiffer dampeners and the extended camera mount plate is way better. I bought 3 because I know the mounting plate and rails are the weakest part of the gimbal design and glad I actually had fought this battle before. I'm glad I new right away the potential cause. I'm going to check it here in a minute.

Great info, thanks. BTW - I would sure hope when you buy a drone that it's new, and not refurbished unless it's advertised as such with a discount. Also, I'm envious. I wish my H Pro had come with a Lanyard stuffed in the box with the SD card.

Reactions: Niblett
My recently purchased second H had a Carolina Dronz lanyard stuffed into the little box that had the SD card and USB cable in it originally. This caused me to wonder if this one had been purchased or repaired there. My first test flight, I checked how the gimbal behaved in descent (one of the most demanding jobs of the gimbal for holding steady is descent with camera angled down) and observed some shake often referred to as "jello". One of the advantages of the H is that jello is super rare. The only time I've gotten it was one I had some dampeners come loose.

So I grabbed out the gimbal and camera on the second unit and discovered it had completely different rubber dampeners and the mounting plate that is flatter to accommodate the longer rubber. I searched the Carolina Dronz site and sure enough, that's what they sell as the replacement camera mount set. That is not the same set up as the OEM I have nor what I purchased from local hobby shop in Yuneec packaging.

So there are two different camera mounts for the CGO and the H and one is definitely less steady and that's the longer ones. I immediately knew it was the wrong plate because I went around and around with Yuneec back in November over this issue and they maintained there is only one correct part for the gimbal mount but there are clearly two styles available. If you are experiencing jello and have the rubber dampeners that have ridges on them and a tooth pattern to the flat top and bottom then you will get shake. The OEM with the shorter stiffer dampeners and the extended camera mount plate is way better. I bought 3 because I know the mounting plate and rails are the weakest part of the gimbal design and glad I actually had fought this battle before. I'm glad I new right away the potential cause. I'm going to check it here in a minute.
I only by parts directly from Yuneec. Not that all of the re-sellers are sketchy, but I like OEM parts. I know they are specifically made for my machine.

Great info, thanks. BTW - I would sure hope when you buy a drone that it's new, and not refurbished unless it's advertised as such with a discount. Also, I'm envious. I wish my H Pro had come with a Lanyard stuffed in the box with the SD card.

I got a good deal. I really got it for the second ST. It's good to have back up of everything. I've never owned one of any drone I try. I always end up getting a second as it's cheaper than buying parts and you get extra batteries and props etc...

Reactions: Murray Martz

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33