Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Disappointed Rookie

Reaction score
Just got the my q5004k delivered today and was hoping to use it. It's my first drone. Noticed right away after opening box that the camera gimbal was tilted. No

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just got the my q5004k delivered today and was hoping to use it. It's my first drone. Noticed right away after opening box that the camera gimbal was tilted. No

Oops accidently hit send.....

Anyways, gimbal tilted 45 degrees. Dunno if that is normal when power off so I decide to turn it on hoping it would center. I go to charge the battery first in the stock charger it came with. Battery wouldn't charge after I hook up. It would keep flashing green and occasionally hold solid red. Am I doing something wrong?

Dumb question but is it possible the battery is full ?
What does you voltage tester tell you about the battery and cell conditions ?
With no power on and the camera shield off, the camera may indeed tilt a bit.
It should square back up with power on...

Well I don't have a tester but will get one now. Like I said, first time droner. Don't think battery is full. I put it in the drone and for a second the lights came on then slowly dimmed off. Tried throwing it back on charger and nothing but green light flashing.

I would contact Yuneec service if you just got it. They have been great to deal with the couple of times I have used them.

I took the battery into Batteries Plus to have it tested. They checked the charger too. The charger was good but the battery was bad. I called Yuneec when I got home but got a voicemail saying they're still on holiday so I left a message. Anyways, couldn't wait anymore. I went to Best Buy and bought a battery (I had to buy a spare anyways), it charged right up. I put it in the drone and it fired right up even centering out the camera gimbal.

Reactions: Cranky Trapper
I took the battery into Batteries Plus to have it tested. They checked the charger too. The charger was good but the battery was bad. I called Yuneec when I got home but got a voicemail saying they're still on holiday so I left a message. Anyways, couldn't wait anymore. I went to Best Buy and bought a battery (I had to buy a spare anyways), it charged right up. I put it in the drone and it fired right up even centering out the camera gimbal.

Happy flying!

I had a bad battery with my Q500 4K when I purchased it. I tried to register the drone on the website so I could put in a claim. The site kept giving an error and not completing the registration (Tried 3 computers and 3 different browsers IE, Opera, Chrome). I then took a photo of my receipt, the battery with error and all the registration info they required and tried to email tech support. 3 different emails bounced back as undeliverable. Needless to say, I was getting frustrated. I don't know why, but the fourth email went through using the same address from their site (The address included in the box definitely did not work). I received an email from a Customer Service Rep within 12 hours. He registered my drone, ordered me a battery and apologized for my trouble. They did not even want me to ship the defective battery back to them. From starting to think I made a mistake to happy I purchased from Yuneec. They really are a good company to deal with.

P.S. My gimbal is crooked when powered off as well, but straightens up upon booting. I love this drone!

Reactions: Eddie Spagetti

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis