Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

DJI gets a taste of their own medicine.

Reaction score
After years of "borrowing" from Arducopter, an open source FC system FW, then making it closed source, DJI gets hit with a lawsuit

Drone regulations in US withstand a hobbyist’s legal challenge - Tech News | The Star Online

uO0S25k.png

And it's not only here they are getting a bit hoisted by their own petard - remember how they tried to sue Yuneec when they released the TG / TH ? Well now Autel are suing DJI for nicking their prop tech on the Mavic among other things... trouble is - once a monster gets that big, it gets very hard to hold it to account...

My attitude towards DJI has softened a little since the 2 NPE flyaways I had with their Naza flight controllers, and the total lack of service I got from them afterwards - even I have to admit they have really tried to sort out their customer service in the 5 years hence, and their newer generation of machines don't seem to have anything like the huge numbers of flyaways that used to be permanently associated with the brand. But that Youtube comment / forum hate campaign they (allegedly) organized against Yuneec still rankles.

But I have to admit, I am impressed almost against my will by that Mavic Pro 2 - that Hasselblad camera almost overcomes any reservation I might have about the company. But not quite. In the event that I do have to leave Yuneec for any reason, I will try very hard to defect to an Autel Evo before I head over to Mavic-land... if only they were available to the UK...sigh...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gbare