Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Do range extenders increase/improve video feed?

Reaction score
Wondering if range-extending antenna mods increase and/or improve the video feed to the ST10+ and/or secondary devices?

Sweet, thanks.

Asking more specifically, does it improve the inherent lag in the video feed, to either the ST10+ alone or when split to a second device? Looking for a viable FPV and fly-by-camera solution here.

Sweet, thanks.
Asking more specifically, does it improve the inherent lag in the video feed, to either the ST10+ alone or when split to a second device? Looking for a viable FPV and fly-by-camera solution here.
Yes, the lag will decrease when the stronger signal is sent to the ST10 from the antenna. Since the video is a wifi signal, data packets are sent from the camera to the ST10. If packets don't get received they have to be resent which contributes to the lag as the distance increases. When two devices are receiving the packets, the camera has to resend them more frequently, again, increasing lag. The indication on your screen is freezing and broken images.

Flying FPV was never considered when the Q was designed since it was intended to be a camera platform for stable video and pics. The H is more accommodating since it has an HDMI output connection. That allows the camera to transmit to a single device but provides a means of viewing the video received by other devices.

Thanks. That makes sense. I live in an open area, with plenty of headroom, so flying-by-camera won't pose any significant physical hazards to people or property. There's a road 1.7 direct-line miles from me that is prone to flooding, and I'd like to be able to know if it's flooded out before I leave the house. The County put up a camera on a pole to monitor it, but it's not accessible by the public like highway traffic cams. I figure I can zip over, sneak a peek, then hit the Home switch. As long as it's not still raining. Or still dark.

I think that is well beyond the range of the Q. At max speed it would take 10 min to get there and 10 min back assuming no wind. At max speed you might get 15 min of flight, probably less. I think the farthest I've flown a Q is about 3000'.

I just installed the ITElite on my ST10+. Definitely increased the range but you will still experience video lag at distance. I got 2100’ out before video dropped, and that’s in a congested area flying at 125’. Before the upgrade I would typically get 1200-1400’ in the same area. Going to test it out next at the river. Perfect sight lines and 2000’ out to an island that was previously at the limit of flight. As said, do not depend on FPV !!!

Well not happy. Flew today and video problems came up. Dropouts and freezes even at short distances. Right now it’s on my kitchen table 1 foot from the controller and there’s lag and pixelation. Might have to open the ST10+ again and check connections. Never had this problem before installing the ITElite. Except at distance of course.

Sounds like you have not installed the itelite correctly check all the cables and u might have trapped a wire

Checked everything out and it’s all good inside. May have been a binding problem. Did binding process over for ST-10+ and CGO3 and ran flawless today. Video out to well over 2000 ft in my neighborhood. So in open area should be great. Thanks for commenting.

Nice to know. Taking it down to the Delaware River later this week. There’s an island 2000 feet out then the channel then Pennsy. I made it to the island before but lost video feed. The video footage was really cool. If I get the distance you got I can easily make the channel. That would be cool as ****.

Well let me know how you get on stinger am in Scotland in the UK you will have better weather than us just now we have snow forecast

A short range test after I made the mod. About a year old. I've since made it out well over twice the distance shown with the only issue being a lag in video reception. The lag cost me a Q during the learning curve.

Never mind flying over that I would prefer to ride a horse that's cowboy country nice jafo how do I get telemetry on my footage

Reactions: Jafo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss