Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Don't try this at home!

Alex,

I would have to believe the altimeter was definitely to blame. Wonder if there is water trapped in it from the swim? Weird that you had so many good flights and now started acting up.

Have you looked at the FlightLog as a whole in log2kml? I’m curious if you have good flight data from other flights. You can download the whole folder and then select all of the logs and zip them, then add .txt to the end and post them.

It does seem weird that it had so many good flights and suddenly went awry. I had even flown it in some relatively challenging spots a couple days prior where I had not much room for error...

It doesn’t have good logs because I tried too many times and it must purge logs after some number of logs or period of time? Going forward I’ll be saving logs out every time I take it out ;)

The last good flight was where I took that photo above and the next flight 5 minutes later I took off in controller mode (used controller each time until I tried pilot the last flight) - it hovered after takeoff as it should but within a few seconds flew relatively fast horizontally into a tree, so I don’t know failures well - is it possible that that impact messed up the altimeter? After that I had no good flights, it did the same horizontal flyaway a few times, I thought perhaps compass issue so recalibrated and tried a few times recalibrating and taking off with same result (horizontal flyaway at a couple meters above ground)

The last flight was the only time it ascended like that, and after that I called it quits. So I think there’s probably more than one thing wrong because of the horizontal flyaways prior to it going up up and away...

If anything, at least it forced me to learn how to export and view logs and also has made me much much more cautious about where to fly should a similar failure happen again (but hopefully not!)

Last edited:
If you used the controller for most flights that would explain the lack of flight log data. I haven’t seen one log using the controller that shows the Breeze airborne.

The first erratic flight that whacked a tree may have caused some internal damage. That one sounded like the Toilet Bowl Effect or TBE that many other brands have trouble with. It is a compass issue and doesn’t show up as a fault in the Status indicators. The rise to 20 meters at the end is like it was doing an autoRTH (that’s what the goHomeHeight was set to) from loss of WiFi.

Just had something very similar to what Alex described happen tonight. I haven’t had the breeze out for a couple of weeks so fired it up and launched from my back porch. It launched and hovered for a few seconds and then took off to the right hitting the railing on my porch and falling to the ground. I don’t know how far or how fast it would have gone, it only went 3 feet before it hit the railing.

A few things I noted. I had 12 satellites, I think that should be enough, but who knows. I took off about 2 feet from a charcoal grill, did it affect the compass, maybe. I was using the controller, and when I held down the button to start the launch countdown the numbers were really small, and it kept repeating the number 3. I just kept holding it down until it took off.

After it ran into the railing I powered it off and back on and launched from the yard. Everything was normal in the takeoff countdown and it flew perfectly fine.

Let me guess, no FlightLog either.

Just checked, no log file in the app, or in the folder shared thru itunes. Last log file was on 3-28-18. I've had many flights since then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder