Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Down drone

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm new to the site. So about two months ago I was flying the q500 at a paintball tournament when I lost signal and she fell out of the sky. She was about 10 feet up. I've been told that many drones go down there due to the power tower near by. Would have been nice to know before hand. Anyway it broke the frame and one of the motors wasn't spinning. I took it to a place in my town that says they fix drones. They put a new body on it and replaced the motor that was bad. I went to pick it up and found out that one motor was still not working and the lights were backwards with the red light being in front. So they said that they would look into it more. After having it 2 months ( they had it since I crashed it ) I went to get it today and only one red light works in the back and she won't fly. It just flips over. Like the props in the back won't give it thrust even though they are spinning as fast as the front. Don't know what to do or where to take it. I had to give them $175 for the new body ( $50 ) and motor ( $25 ) plus labor ( $100 ) and felt like that was a waste of time and money. Any help would be great on where to get it fixed.

What is your location?

Sounds like to me that something got wired back up wrong. Are you able to hook the bird up to your computer and use the GUI Interface to do some diagnostics?
I'm in NorCal. Between San Francisco and Sacramento. I have not hooked it up. I just got it back today from the shop and know nothing about what I'm looking at on the computer. It's my first drone.

I'm in NorCal. Between San Francisco and Sacramento. I have not hooked it up. I just got it back today from the shop and know nothing about what I'm looking at on the computer. It's my first drone.
It's too bad the shop had no clue what they were doing.
After a motor has been changed, it has to be set up in the GUI. It called ESC assignments. The procedure is in the link below. There are a lot of videos on Youtube about using the Q500 GUI.
You should connect it up and test each motor to make sure it turns in the right direction. Sounds to me like the one they changed is turning in the wrong direction or they didn't get the motors in the correct slots when the reinstalled them.

Reactions: Jafo
It's too bad the shop had no clue what they were doing.
After a motor has been changed, it has to be set up in the GUI. It called ESC assignments. The procedure is in the link below. There are a lot of videos on Youtube about using the Q500 GUI.
You should connect it up and test each motor to make sure it turns in the right direction. Sounds to me like the one they changed is turning in the wrong direction or they didn't get the motors in the correct slots when the reinstalled them.

Yea I think the only drone they fix is the DGI drones. My lights don't even work. If I can't get it to work, where do you recommend I send it to get it fixed properly. They said they had to replace a board on the drone.

In the video his red lights were in the front like mine were the first time I went to pick it up. I told them the red lights need to be in the back. Now I'm thinking I shouldn't have said anything.

No doubt it sounds like you got a bum repair job and I would consider asking for all the labor fees be returned to you.
Obviously, to replace the shell meant a complete removal of everything in the Q.
As Steve has mentioned, you have to hook up to the GUI to complete the install.
More so... It sounds to me like they payed no attention as to where things were removed from, such as the led lights. Red in the rear and White in the front. Simple enough if payed attention when removed.A bit different on install if they didn't.
Our motors are Left and Right rotation and if installed in the wrong arms, well it's pretty obvious again what can happen.One side will lift and the other will be reversed and causes a flip on the ground.Could be front to back or side to side depending on the install.
Lets hope Steve is correct and it's just a simple ESC assignment to fix the motor issue.
The one LED that lights in the rear and no others.... A clear indication they have not completed the repairs in a satisfactory manner. The fact that it won't fly is another. Get your labor fees back.

Reactions: redbird007
No doubt it sounds like you got a bum repair job and I would consider asking for all the labor fees be returned to you.
Obviously, to replace the shell meant a complete removal of everything in the Q.
As Steve has mentioned, you have to hook up to the GUI to complete the install.
More so... It sounds to me like they payed no attention as to where things were removed from, such as the led lights. Red in the rear and White in the front. Simple enough if payed attention when removed.A bit different on install if they didn't.
Our motors are Left and Right rotation and if installed in the wrong arms, well it's pretty obvious again what can happen.One side will lift and the other will be reversed and causes a flip on the ground.Could be front to back or side to side depending on the install.
Lets hope Steve is correct and it's just a simple ESC assignment to fix the motor issue.
The one LED that lights in the rear and no others.... A clear indication they have not completed the repairs in a satisfactory manner. The fact that it won't fly is another. Get your labor fees back.
Yea I am thinking the same thing. They had it for two months. I love my drone. I hate to think I now have a paperweight.

Yea I am thinking the same thing. They had it for two months. I love my drone. I hate to think I now have a paperweight.
Yeah, it's really a shame you didn't find this forum earlier. Could have saved you a lot of grief, money and time. These should be easy fixes so don't give up.

Yeah, it's really a shame you didn't find this forum earlier. Could have saved you a lot of grief, money and time. These should be easy fixes so don't give up.
I paid $900 for it so I won't be giving up anytime soon. I know it can be fixed it's just like you said a lot of grief. But now I know of this forum. I gave Carolina Dronz a call and left a message for them to call me back. Since I really don't know how to repair these things I would much rather send it to a place like them or back to Yuneec to have them fix everything.

If you can manage to get the drone on the GUI, then try to do ESC ID Assignment. It is easy to do and may help. The GUI helps you with this step by step. Check the Help button (spped controller status and testing instructions - also available in GUI preview mode). A window open that explains a lot.

br HE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpster79