Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Down under

Reaction score
Hey guys

From Australia, just purchased my Typhoon H.
First thing, will be extra batteries for the H.
Read a few posts, Powerextra and GiFi.
Not sure who has used what, and what one will be best

Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of useful tips in the H How-to section. Also you can use the search engine. It's the magnifier icon at the upper right on the page.
The UltraX batteries have been noted as well. They seem to be good batteries but not sure if you can find them in AU.

Hey guys

Welcome, what part of this great southern land are you flying in ?

Hi Rot8ing,
I am in Brisbane, and welcome you to the forum, like above this is a great place for advice and explanations of this wonderful flying machine. I have std batteries and Ultrax and GIFI.
GIFI has turned out not that great, Ultrax very good and std still going very well. Get an aftermarket charger and leads as std is rubish. If you are close that would be great to have someone to fly with along with my mate. John Hennessy ( Johnno ) . Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Reactions: bobbyrichter
Good morning John, I fly Brisvegas too, Southside, Redland Bay, agree completely on the aftermarket charger although would recommend to stay away from Venoms 4 bay charger as its less than twelve months old has been very dissapointing as is there after sales service.
Correction - I owe these guys a serious apology, they have just contacted me and are shipping a new unit, thank you Venom, much appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi Rot8ing,
I am in Brisbane, and welcome you to the forum, like above this is a great place for advice and explanations of this wonderful flying machine. I have std batteries and Ultrax and GIFI.
GIFI has turned out not that great, Ultrax very good and std still going very well. Get an aftermarket charger and leads as std is rubish. If you are close that would be great to have someone to fly with along with my mate. John Hennessy ( Johnno ) . Keep flying on the green side of the grass.
Hi John,

Where about are you flying ?

Hey guys

Hey mate I am in Perth, what firmware updates do use USA or Uk/ just curious as I am having issues with aquring GPS lock/ ready

• Sad
Reactions: Steve Carr
Hey mate I am in Perth, what firmware updates do use USA or Uk/ just curious as I am having issues with aquring GPS lock/ ready
Still having trouble with GPS?
With the H or the ST16?

The only differences in firmware is on the camera. There would be no difference with GPS acquisition.

Reactions: Rot8ing
Good morning John, I fly Brisvegas too, Southside, Redland Bay, agree completely on the aftermarket charger although would recommend to stay away from Venoms 4 bay charger as its less than twelve months old has been very dissapointing as is there after sales service
Hi BP wants2ski,
I have the Ev-Peak CQ3 4 x 100 watts ,it is great and has not let me down 2 yrs now and fly about 10 batteries a week, depending on the amount of jobs I have. Contact me on [email protected] and we can sort out a fly and exchange ideas and what ever knowledge we have. Johnno Hennessy.

Hoobs, contact me from the link above with bpwants2ski and I will see if I can help you out. It is better by std email. Johnno Hennessy. Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Hi John,

Where about are you flying ?
Hi Bpwants2ski, I fly mainly Northside and industrial buildings as I have a business partner that we do building inspections with our Yuneec's. It is uneekroofinspections.com.au, being old Builders it was the natural progression.Drop me a line and we will catch up. Johnno Hennessy.

As far as I know, we must not be on the Europe setting.
I need to download the newest updates.
I have read that you don't need to have the latest updates, some people apparently run without them, "if they find them annoying" ?
You have tried to calibrate the drone ?

As far as I know, we must not be on the Europe setting.
I need to download the newest updates.
I have read that you don't need to have the latest updates, some people apparently run without them, "if they find them annoying" ?
You have tried to calibrate the drone ?
If your TH is flying just fine on an older version of the firmware (incidentally, there have been no updates since I think March 2017) then there is no need to update. Some people who buy new THs that have older versions of the firmware can't wait to update the firmware...there is no real reason to do. They are good to fly as is.

Reactions: John Hennessy
Still having trouble with GPS?
With the H or the ST16?

The only differences in firmware is on the camera. There would be no difference with GPS acquisition.
Hi Steve, yes the H, haven't tried the FC board yet, was hoping to find a solution before have to open the H, can I order direct
from Yuneec if necessary, also are they difficult to replace

Last edited:
If your TH is flying just fine on an older version of the firmware (incidentally, there have been no updates since I think March 2017) then there is no need to update. Some people who buy new THs that have older versions of the firmware can't wait to update the firmware...there is no real reason to do. They are good to fly as is.
Thanks mate

Hi Steve, yes the H, haven't tried the FC board yet, was hoping to find a solution before have to open the H, can I order direct
from Yuneec if necessary, also are they difficult to replace
It is not difficult to change the FC, but requires care. There are lots of pins. You have to lift each end and little at a time so the pins don't get bent. Or lift both ends at the same time if possible.
It's more economical to find a crashed H and re-use the FC or perhaps find a main board that still has the FC mounted.

Flight Controller.jpg Flight Controller-3.jpg Flight Controller-2.jpg 20180510_163459.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss