Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drawing attention

Reaction score
Howdy all,
So 90% of the time when I am piloting my q5004k it always draws curious bystanders.
I am always happy to answer questions and explain how I am piloting, let them see the display on the remote and so on. I hope that doing these things will help inspire folks to explore the hobby.
The best ones are the kids that go ooh and aaah.
Anyhow I just thought I would share that and was wondering if anyone else has the same reaction from curious folks and if you have any stories to share.

Happens all the time along with the question "how much did that cost" ? Young ones are always a treat, older ones can get annoying at times, especially when the follow you as you move about ? Now when I fly where the publics about I somewhat hide, so has not to be seen.

Reactions: Rmuñoz
Happens constantly. Not once have I flown around people and someone hasn’t come up to me and ask questions, which I’m fine with.

Questions that are always asked, bar none:

-How much does it cost
-How far can it go

And the statement-“I was telling my wife I wanted a drone, I’m definetly buying one now, so cool!”

With the default attitude of the average, I have found it best to not tempt them beyond their capabilities, I fly in the mountains far away from the possible problems.

Reactions: johnnyb57
My experiences where a little different. My first drone was the Q500. My friend and I both bought one when they was first released, 2014? At the time personal drones weren't main stream yet and there was no regulations on how and where to fly them. So the only things people knew about them was from all negative press they got from the MSM and people (idiots) doing stupid and unsafe thing with them and posting on YouTube. Like flying around airports, attaching fire works to them or flying over people pools in their back yards to film women swimming or sun bathing (which is now called voyeurism and is illegal). The last one got pretty bad and there were a lot of stories about neighbors coming to blows or people shooting the drones out of the sky. That is why the FAA got involves with regulations, registration and now pretty soon a UAV pilots test.
Well anyway, back to my experience. We would fly our drones when we went camping ( RVing). Now this is 2014-2015 before all the regulations. So we would fly around the camp site. When people at the RV park would notice them flying around we would always have some people who would either get in their golf carts or start walking around looking for who was flying them.
Once they found us the first interaction was almost always negative. Their first words where either " Hey what are you doing are you spying on us?" or "We saw the drone and we thought the government was watching us so we wanted to find where it came from". After calming them down and then explaining and showing it to them they all walked away happy and thought it was cool. A lot of the guys wanted one so I would give them the info on where they could buy one. It was funny too because sometimes the wives would shut them down right there and said NO!
Today I still have my Q500 but I upgraded to the Typhoon H with real sense when it was first released several years ago because of it having 6 motors and the ability to fly on 5 in case of a motor failure. My friends Q500 had a motor failure at about 60 ft which caused it to come crashing down and that is what made me go and buy the Typhoon H.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33