Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone base

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Dan Leone and I currently live in Houston, Texas. I fly my drone for Drone Base. Every time when I take pics for them they return them for some reason or another. Is there a setting I can put my drone into take better quality of pictures? How can I do Pano missions? Any information is appreciated.

Post some of your pictures and maybe someone can decipher it for you. Is there a reason stated for the return?

Hello everyone, my name is Dan Leone and I currently live in Houston, Texas. I fly my drone for Drone Base. Every time when I take pics for them they return them for some reason or another. Is there a setting I can put my drone into take better quality of pictures? How can I do Pano missions? Any information is appreciated.
My first question would be what kind of practical experience do you have with photography? Next question is do you have experience with post production editing tools?

Your problem could just be a lack of general knowledge in photography.

I think what can happen a lot of the time is we see how easy it can be to fly an H, so we assume that the auto settings on the camera are all you need. You need to learn about the way white balance works, what filters should be used, and what ISO settings are required.

With the digital age of photography, people tend to use their cell phones and point and shoot camera. What this has done is created millions of people that take pictures, but have no understanding of what it takes to compose and correctly frame up an image.

I have only touched on the tip of what could be causing them to return your images, but after you post a few of them, I think we might be able to get a better understanding of what is going wrong.

Post some samples that were returned. Dronebase does prefer images recorded with DJI equipment though. In their advertising they tell you what they want and everything revolves around the Phantom or Inspire.

I can tell you once you figure it out. You won't get as many rejected. Post processing is a key. Most of the rejections come from the pano part. You must shoot in manual mode. White balance and exposure. I take about a picture every 30 degrees at horizontal. 0.. then tilt down till the horizon is about 1/4 from top of screen and repeat every 30 degrees... then tilt down to about 60 degrees and take a picture every 45 degrees.
Then point stright down and take 2 pics 180 degrees.

Then in post make sure the horizon is horizontal.

Manual panos are often difficult to do correctly. (...not sure if Typhoons can perform autonomous pano missions) If you have to do it manually, fly on a calm day so there's not much deviation of position among the photos and make sure there's a little overlap between all of them. If you stray from either of these points, Dronebase will have a hard time stitching them and reject your work. Too bad...when I was doing panos for DB I always few a Phantom 3 Pro with Litchi on autonomous pano and never had a problem.

Learn to take pictures and video in manual mode not auto, this will give you better images and color. You can adjust shutter speed while in flight. This will help especially when clouds are around or sun peeks in and out. Takes practice, eventually you will see better quality (color wise)
I agree with Murry read and study the experts, such as Murry:D

Reactions: Murray Martz
I've had good luck with drone base Pano using Pano mode, (double row)

My problem with Drone Deploy is the LOW PAY! Lol

....give 'em a few more. Soon they'll start sending some of the 'client' missions in your area your way. The payout is more, guaranteed (...pending completion of the job) and comes in about a week. It used to come almost immediately after uploading, but they recently changed their batching schedule.

I'm going to give Drone Base another try. I never had any problems with PANO using the PANO mode on the CGO3 but I noticed now they want 48 pics! is this a requirement or a suggestion?

Look at how a DJI system functions and use that as a requirement guide. Everything Drone Base is built around DJI design functionality.

I've had good luck with drone base Pano using Pano mode, (double row)

My problem with Drone Deploy is the LOW PAY! Lol

A little off topic, but is it normal to get a lot of the landgear/arms in the pictures when using the Pano Mode? When I'm just normally flying around it doesn't seem to be a problem but I guess I tend to keep camera angled down a bit. If it isn't normal, any idea on a fix? I already tried calibrating the gimbal but could try again. If it is normal, do you crop the landing gear/arms out before submitting them to Dronebase?

Dylan

Put the left gimbal switch in the top position. The bottom position causes higher gimbal elevation.
Switch should not matter. When you activate pano it goes to 0 degrees and forward for first shot.
But if u shoot in higher winds you can and I have gotten the gear in tge shot. You can crop it but you have to crop all the same angle images the same.
Another cause may be your gear not going all the way up.

Was there wind? How much?
I stopped using the pano feature and now just yaw the craft. Because of the gear in pics in wind. I also have a issue with slanted horizon when rotating the camera, it's not every flight nor is it slanted at same rotation degree. It's random.

Was there wind? How much?
I stopped using the pano feature and now just yaw the craft. Because of the gear in pics in wind. I also have a issue with slanted horizon when rotating the camera, it's not every flight nor is it slanted at same rotation degree. It's random.

It seemed pretty calm, but maybe it is a little bit more windy up where the typhoon was.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33