Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone downed by Shotgun - charges filed.

NorWiscPilot

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Saw this in today’s Minneapolis (Minnesota-USA) Tribune. Will be interesting to see the outcome.

A noticeable omission is any mention of the ramifications of downing an aircraft, let alone additional FAA violations.

Charges: Man shoots down drone flying over southern Minnesota chicken processing plant

Jeff

Last edited:
While I'm in agreement for the closeness filed, and I hope that (through a separate civil lawsuit) the guy recovers the cost of his drone (plus a large actions amount, which I believe would be fair), I'm more interested in what he was there to photograph/film. If that plant was violating laws before, is guess there's a good chance they are doing so again. Hopefully, whatever photos/video was recorded, it wasn't destroyed, and can be used as evidence against the plant.

Had a situation in Central California a few years ago where an animal rights group was using a drone to record conditions in a large cattle feed lot operation. No shoot downs but the owners of the feed lot contacted every government official they could to stop the aerial ops.

The aerial folks had their chit together and were parked and flying from a public right of way next to a state highway. There were some tense periods with numerous sheriffs and CHPs but they stood their legal ground and got the shots.

Point here is that businesses will use any tactic necessary to limit their exposure. Anyone thinking of doing expose’ work needs to be well prepared.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430