Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone Insurance

I have used SkyWatch. Easy to apply, and available by the hour if desired. They have an app and available online.
I have never had to file a claim, so can't comment on that aspect.

I have insurance with HUB International. I live in Quebec, Canada. The policy is for $1,000,000.00 third party liability only. The cost is about $200.00 per year. I've never had to file a claim. I do commercial work and many clients ask for proof of insurance.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Looking for a good company for drone insurance. Thanks
AMA, Academy of Model Aeronautics, has insurance for it's members. My costs were approx. $65 per year. The cost of insurance may be dependent on what you are insuring against. Being sued for a million dollars by physical or bodily injuries would determine your insurcance cost. I replaced my AMA membership by Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. and the costs are not $350 a year. It's much better coverage. I've been doing real estate photography on the side and have a Part 107 Cert. So I can afford to pay for the insurance, for now. Should I stop shooting homes for hire, I'll go back the the AMA.

Reactions: Mike Irish
AMA, Academy of Model Aeronautics, has insurance for it's members. My costs were approx. $65 per year. The cost of insurance may be dependent on what you are insuring against. Being sued for a million dollars by physical or bodily injuries would determine your insurcance cost. I replaced my AMA membership by Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. and the costs are not $350 a year. It's much better coverage. I've been doing real estate photography on the side and have a Part 107 Cert. So I can afford to pay for the insurance, for now. Should I stop shooting homes for hire, I'll go back the the AMA.

Agreed... pilots with 107 should verify the usability of AMA insurance for commercial work.... if memory serves me (a miracle in and of itself), I think the AMA insurance can only be used as liability insurance for an individual... I do not think there is any provision for commercial coverage.

AMA modelers insurance only cover amateur activities. Commercial activity coverage must be obtained separately.

AMA insurance coverage is secondary to any other insurance you may have. It becomes a primary insurance only when no other coverage is available.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
@PatR if I remember, didn't the insurance have a clause that it would only be in effect at an AMA approved field as well?

Not quite, but for all intents and purposes it might as well. AMA insurance will only cover incidents that occur when engaged with hobby activities that are in compliance with the AMA safety code.

There is also a clause for theft coverage of aircraft or equipment stolen from a locked vehicle. The maximum coverage, last time I looked, was $1,000.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech