Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone lockdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as people are willing to give up their rights to operate a multirotor there is more of this to come. People can avoid this kind of stuff, and eliminate the practice, by simply making a different purchase decision. When the money stops coming in manufacturers change their ways in a manner that brings the money back again. No manufacturer should retain operational control of the the flight system once the product has been paid for. They are making a clear statement THEY are the Pilot in Command, not you. Lacking a "readme" file describing every change in the firmware, and potential negative influences incurred by those changes, you don't know what's being installed in YOUR multirotor. What you don't know can have significant negative impacts on your user experiences.

That is one of the major reasons I bought YUNEEC. Once my money was accepted I owned it.
There are grounds for a "Class Action" lawsuit if that was not made clear at the time of purchase.
In some states a "Criminal Charges" could be filed.

If you want to stop "Their ownership" of your property DO SOMETHING about it. Contact some legal representation and get all of your money back and then buy an "H".

Last edited:
Reactions: fottip
That is one of the major reasons I bought YUNEEC. Once my money was accepted I owned it.

Same here. I bought the original DJI Phantom I, long ago, and got bored with it's lack of everything - wasn't flying it. Got re-interested in all the tech advances and got back into the market couple of months ago.

Once I read about how DJI had been treating owners with their "you'll do this or you won't fly" draconian firmware updates, the decision was easy. I bought a Typhoon.

Bought my H about a month ago. Of the 4 DJI drones I have, the p4p is the only one I have flown since. It keeps trying to get me to update and I keep ignoring it because it flies just fine the way it is. I too am a part 107 pilot. I spent $300 for Alan Pearlman's Drone School course, and $150 to take my 107 test. I feel that my return on the money spent included the knowledge of where I could fly. I am new to drones compared to many of you on these forums. I started in Jan 2017 and I don't have the experience most of you have. Although, I do have some common sense, and what I have learned in this short period of time compels me to believe that I know as much as DJI does about my intended use of these units. If it's a NFZ, then it's some place I am not going to fly without permission. What is so hard about this concept that I need Big Brother watching me. We have height and distance restrictions, but we also have weather restrictions. Will DJI be regulating that as well?

Let us let this go. Fast becoming old news, and I'm sure owners of these drones are well informed now.

We need as many successful drone manufacturers as possible so that the state of the art is advanced and competition helps our bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430