Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone Logbook error

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have any advice or can offer any help on the 'Flight Services' options?
I've entered my username and password for drone logbook website and the St16s is telling me there are 6 queued flights to upload but whenever I hit upload I get: log file corrupted error and no files appear online at all.

Do you have 2 factor authentication enabled on the DroneLogBook website? If so perhaps disable it.

Reactions: MrMotley
I've just received my H520, but I have enough on my plate at the minute getting the bird on my Ops Manual and working out why the E90 camera controls arent working! Havent had a first flight yet. The weathers not looking great for a first flight either.

However I'm already a DroneLogBook user so I'll need to get my logs uploading too. If i find a solution I'll chime in again.

Thank you! I spoke to yuneec today about mine as my e90 was having a few issues. They're picking it up tomorrow to take a look at it. I've only done a couple of flights but it was good.
Make sure the pan switch isn't set to 'f' on the St16s for cam controls!

Hi, does anyone have any advice or can offer any help on the 'Flight Services' options?
I've entered my username and password for drone logbook website and the St16s is telling me there are 6 queued flights to upload but whenever I hit upload I get: log file corrupted error and no files appear online at all.

If you are using the logs that record your flights for CAA compliance I would advise that you don’t. The logs in the st16s do not record correctly.
Use the Logs from the aircraft and upload them to drone log book manually. That’s how I do it and they are spot on accurate.

Thank you! I shall try this once I get the drone back from yuneec. How do you get the logs from the drone, via USB from drone to pc?

Thank you! I shall try this once I get the drone back from yuneec. How do you get the logs from the drone, via USB from drone to pc?

Download Qgroundstation
Make sure you have a battery in the aircraft but don’t switch it on. It will switch itself on when you plug in in to pc
Plug in 520 via usb to micro use lead to pc
Open Qgroundstation and do not change any settings at all that you may come across.
Go to flight logs menu
Refresh
Highlight the logs you want to download and click download.
It will take a while. It’s not fast
Then upload to drone logbook

Done

Download Qgroundstation
Make sure you have a battery in the aircraft but don’t switch it on. It will switch itself on when you plug in in to pc
Open Qgroundstation and do not change any settings at all that you may come across.
Go to flight logs menu
Refresh

Done
Thank you again! Are you the guy who did the Pegasus Drone Media YouTube tutorials? If so, thank you. They were key in my decision to buy the H520. Really informative and helped to explain stuff that I just couldn't find info about anywhere else!

Thank you again! Are you the guy who did the Pegasus Drone Media YouTube tutorials? If so, thank you. They were key in my decision to buy the H520. Really informative and helped to explain stuff that I just couldn't find info about anywhere else!

I am yes, blush blush.

Seriously I’m glad my videos help. I sometimes think am I wasting my time doing these?

As long as I’m able to help someone with them then that’s great

Regards

Reactions: M69itch
I am yes, blush blush.

Seriously I’m glad my videos help. I sometimes think am I wasting my time doing these?

As long as I’m able to help someone with them then that’s great

Regards

It won't be true, thank you so much for sharing information and helping others. You don't waste time, there's an example ;)

Reactions: Peggy
How many has tried and managed to dload flight logs with these latest intructions? I tried in win7 and win10 and no luck so far. Win7 noticed a device was connected but that was it and on both platforms Qgroundcontrol didn't connect with vehicle. How about shutting down the 520 after transferring data? As far as I know only option is to pull out battery which I feel is somehow an frightening option.

How many has tried and managed to dload flight logs with these latest intructions? I tried in win7 and win10 and no luck so far. Win7 noticed a device was connected but that was it and on both platforms Qgroundcontrol didn't connect with vehicle. How about shutting down the 520 after transferring data? As far as I know only option is to pull out battery which I feel is somehow an frightening option.

Once you pull the lead out of the pc you can shut down normally.

I’ll see if I can knock up a quick tutorial.

Maybe I'm trying to be too clever with my crap english skills. This bird jus won't shut down after its being started automatically by this attempt to connect with pc no matter how long I keep pushing the power button. But that's another problem in the queue since the transfer itself doesn't work.

I have my drone back, and Yuneec UK replaced the E90 camera. Took it all out yesterday and I was mightily impressed with the H520. Very stable, and flies straight and true even with a stiff crosswind.

Got back to the office and put my login for DroneLogBook into the settings, pressed upload and it just worked. No hassle at all. Had a look at the information they brought into DroneLogBook. Anybody any idea what the logs from the airframe would provide in addition to the ones on the ST16s?

I have my drone back, and Yuneec UK replaced the E90 camera. Took it all out yesterday and I was mightily impressed with the H520. Very stable, and flies straight and true even with a stiff crosswind.

Got back to the office and put my login for DroneLogBook into the settings, pressed upload and it just worked. No hassle at all. Had a look at the information they brought into DroneLogBook. Anybody any idea what the logs from the airframe would provide in addition to the ones on the ST16s?

The logs from the aircraft are accurate.
The ones from the st16s are most definitely not.
For a trial yourself upload the same log from both controller and 520
Make a note of all the details manually at the time of the flight and I bet you a soggy tomato that the controller ones are way out.

By the way I dont want the soggy tomato, you can keep it[emoji6]

Download Qgroundstation
Go to flight logs menu
Refresh

Done
Hi,
Thank you for your instructions. I wasn't sure what Qgroundstation was but DataPilotPlanner worked for me on my iMac I presume its the same thing.
My "corrupted" DroneLogBook files from the 25th are now downloading. Hopefully I will be able to get the details from them. I presume the fault was with the ST16's SD card which didn't pick up any information.
I'll let you know.

Well that was successful. I now have four more night flights in my logbook with all the data intact. Thank you Peggy.
I wasn't looking forward to manually inserting the flights based on video time stamps and local weather.

We had been assessing the usefulness of the CGO-ET for search and rescue alongside the local lifeboat crew who were doing recovery training.
A lot more work is required before I will be happy with the results.
We suffered loss of signal three times despite being less than 100 m away. The Victim/Suspect mode defaults to a temp range of 30-40c which is a white out. It can be set differently but defaults back if switching between modes.
I found hot spot to be better but there isn't a lot to look at when someone is in the water.
Its early days yet.

I also have a fault with the st16s. Whenever I turn it on, I soon get a message "exchange services has stopped". Has anyone else had this?

Okey dokey, got this finally working, right now loading some of the oldest logs out of the bird. In my view saying its not fast is a bit too rounded comment, looking a paint to dry on a wall feels faster. I cant remember seeing a word about have you guys kept your cameras attached but in my case taking camera off from 520 did the trick. I'm not so thick that I would spend time downloading all those smaller logs which are created when the bird has been standing on a table while been updated or something else non-airborne tampering but it will still take quite a lot of time to get all those logs out. Looking forward to make some comparison between those from the ST16.

Okey dokey, got this finally working, right now loading some of the oldest logs out of the bird. In my view saying its not fast is a bit too rounded comment, looking a paint to dry on a wall feels faster. I cant remember seeing a word about have you guys kept your cameras attached but in my case taking camera off from 520 did the trick. I'm not so thick that I would spend time downloading all those smaller logs which are created when the bird has been standing on a table while been updated or something else non-airborne tampering but it will still take quite a lot of time to get all those logs out. Looking forward to make some comparison between those from the ST16.

You will find big differences between the two I’m afraid. Glad it’s working for you though.
Yes it’s laborious but it is efficient.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytingarden1