Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Dronesafe UK

Reaction score
I made similar comments when I replied to the consultation. Unless I am mistaken, pilots only have to consult an authority when flying in a restricted zone. I was surprised to see the restriction applies to all UAV (but not control-line models), regardless of weight. Hopefully they will lift the restriction on paper aircraft soon.

Reaction score
I use the Altitude Angel app if I want to do that. To be fair not sure who actually reads the notifications, but it can be run on the ST16s from the Play Store. Think you can log a flight before hand when you do have data by logging the start time and duration.

To be fair the most useful location for such a system would be in the newly expanded FRZs around airports, where you have ring the tower anyway. But once you've done that reporting apps like Altitude Angel are a little redundant

Reaction score
I'll keep the ST16 clean personally, too many people have messed them up trying to add Apps etc.

Reaction score
I do too, just added a few drone related apps; Altitude Angel, Pix4D & DroneLogbook.

Reaction score
I use the Altitude Angel app if I want to do that. To be fair not sure who actually reads the notifications, but it can be run on the ST16s from the Play Store. Think you can log a flight before hand when you do have data by logging the start time and duration.

To be fair the most useful location for such a system would be in the newly expanded FRZs around airports, where you have ring the tower anyway. But once you've done that reporting apps like Altitude Angel are a little redundant
Think you hit the nail on the head with your last sentence.;)

Reaction score
Well the US has the LAANC approval system rolling out. We haven't needed it so far as we've had lots of leeway but I can see a very similar system being implemented in the UK

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob e