Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drunk camera

Reaction score
Not sure what else to call it. Test video link to YouTube below. Second hand bird that appears to be fine. Testing camera operation and things seem tweaked cockeyed. Drone is level (I thought) and the church should be too. Somehow, this doesn't seem normal. Any suggestions?

Not sure what else to call it. Test video link to YouTube below. Second hand bird that appears to be fine. Testing camera operation and things seem tweaked cockeyed. Drone is level (I thought) and the church should be too. Somehow, this doesn't seem normal. Any suggestions?
Look for signs of a crash. Look to see if the camera has been taken appart. Does the camera itself look to be level when powered up? Have you done calibrations?

Did all the original calibrations and updates. Not on the camera itself though. Everything looks straight. Odd that I look at other videos I shot that day and they appear level. Possibly ... I threaded small Zip ties through the rubber grommets on all four corners, just in case. They are all quite loose and non restricting. Maybe one somehow got hung up and tweaked the camera position. Positively will have to revisit that location and see if the results are the same.

Did all the original calibrations and updates. Not on the camera itself though. Everything looks straight. Odd that I look at other videos I shot that day and they appear level. Possibly ... I threaded small Zip ties through the rubber grommets on all four corners, just in case. They are all quite loose and non restricting. Maybe one somehow got hung up and tweaked the camera position. Positively will have to revisit that location and see if the results are the same.
You can test the camera in the house to see if it is level. After it boots up and connects just look at the ST10 display to see if the camera is level. Pick up the Q and rotate it and tilt in several directions to see if it stays level.

Completely normal for a large percentage of the q500 4k drones out there. Fly 8 times and get some occasional straight camera shots. Not really a good drone for consistent photos, just a toy to get you hooked and hopefully push you into a higher priced H model. It’s still a great drone, but the gimbal is for ****. Yuneec couldn’t care less and never has admitted it’s a common issue. Do a search, happens a lot and although everybody has a fix... none actually fix it. It’s just the luck of the draw if you get a good flight. Still love my q4k, I’m just a bit more realistic about my expectations than a lot. No sense contacting Yuneec, the answer will be it must have crashed (in other words a hard landing in return home) and the fix is prohibitively expensive.

The Q500 is a rare survivor. Designed in 2014 and it's still a popular quadcopter. One of the most reliable ever built and actually the Yuneec gimbals are outstanding. Also one of the first on the market to offer parts at a reasonable price for the DYI flyers.

Mine does the same thing. I start it up. Camera is level. I take off everything is fine . Sometimes my camera stays level but sometimes it leans left . I have no idea why. I bought a new camera after I crashed so don' know why it' doing this. Before I crashed I never ever had a problem with the camera un leveling .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430